Options

Way for clients to flag favorites?

emiliewasmyeveemiliewasmyeve Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
edited January 22, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Is there a way for clients to flag their favorite photos in a gallery? I'm thinking about album creation where I ask my wedding photography clients to tell me their "25" favorite shots.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2009
    We dont' have this, I'm sorry - but we hope to in the not so distant future!
  • Options
    NorthernHorseNorthernHorse Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    I have them comment and rate the pictures.
    Lara Poirrier
    Fairbanks, Alaska SMUG Leader
    My Site | Fairbanks SMUG | Facebook | Twitter
  • Options
    Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    Is there a way for clients to flag their favorite photos in a gallery? I'm thinking about album creation where I ask my wedding photography clients to tell me their "25" favorite shots.

Thanks!

I was just about to post this question. How coincidental! eek7.gif
  • Options
    edited January 5, 2009
    I have them comment and rate the pictures.

So then how do you filter them to see just their "favorites" using your above method?
  • Options
    pokerpoker Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    I was just about to post this question. How coincidental! eek7.gif

Thank goodness for search functions. I wanted to ask the same thing. I was hoping that the shopping cart could be modified to collect photos and print sizes with a zero dollar amount. I would then hope to get an order with the items so I would know what to print and put in the album.

If I wish hard enough would it come true?

Hello to the community by the way.
    I like photos especially ones shot by Canons. I'm just another fanboy :ivar
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2009
    poker wrote:
    Thank goodness for search functions. I wanted to ask the same thing. I was hoping that the shopping cart could be modified to collect photos and print sizes with a zero dollar amount. I would then hope to get an order with the items so I would know what to print and put in the album.

If I wish hard enough would it come true?

Hello to the community by the way.

Wow! What a great idea to use the cart as a collector of favorites. Good thinking. I hope someone is listening. rolleyes1.gif

Or I'd love to give my clients a password where they could login to their galleries and flag their photos as favorites right in the galleries. Then provide them a way to view their favorites and unflag them if needed. Then as the admin I could look under thier "ID" and look at their favorites. Hmmm.
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2009
    So then how do you filter them to see just their "favorites" using your above method?

I get an email with every comment. I go to that picture and add some unique keyword, such as the clients last name or date....something unique. Then once I've done that, I do a search for that word.

Bingo...all are there for my viewing on one page. And if they change their mind on a picture, then delete that keyword and it takes it out of the collection.
    Lara Poirrier
  • Options
    pokerpoker Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    I get an email with every comment. I go to that picture and add some unique keyword, such as the clients last name or date....something unique. Then once I've done that, I do a search for that word.

Bingo...all are there for my viewing on one page. And if they change their mind on a picture, then delete that keyword and it takes it out of the collection.

Brilliant!!clap.gif
    I like photos especially ones shot by Canons. I'm just another fanboy :ivar
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2009
    poker wrote:
    Brilliant!!clap.gif

You are welcome. Hope you can return the favor someday! mwink.gif
    Lara Poirrier
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2009
    You are welcome. Hope you can return the favor someday! mwink.gif

It's clever, no doubt. But that system just wouldnt work for me. I have about 20 different wedding clients per year. Each one is advised to pick 30 favorites. That's 600 emails! Many of my clients end up going way over 30 too. So I'd have to manually tag each photos as well. Eeek. For small batches this would work though.

Andy hinted that something was coming. I'll wait and see. Thanks though!
  • Options
    DanoDano Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2009
    I agree Lou. This is one thing I would really like to see. I keep hearing about a lot of coming things but with my renewal coming up in a month. I need to make a decision very soon whether to stay with Smug or go to a service that does offer coupons, packages and pro printing now.
  • Options
    MichaelKirkMichaelKirk Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    Same here...
    Dano wrote:
    I agree Lou. This is one thing I would really like to see. I keep hearing about a lot of coming things but with my renewal coming up in a month. I need to make a decision very soon whether to stay with Smug or go to a service that does offer coupons, packages and pro printing now.

This is the main upgrade I am looking for. I shoot a lot of sports. Most customers want to purchase multiple photos from different events, but they are looking at each event after the pjhotos are posted. This means they have to search thru galleries a second time when they want to order...and if they cannnot easily find a photos - they are not going to buy it. Would be easy if they could just tag photos during the season so when they are ready to buy.....they are all there in their favorites!

Michael