Old Barn Pictures That Made The Book

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited January 4, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
These are the final selections of my pictures that are to be included in a forthcoming book about rural Appalachian farm life. The author, an accomplished photographer, is producing the preponderance of photos.

447407456_g86Lt-XL.jpg

447402659_SzrBP-XL.jpg

447396245_eDMYV-XL.jpg

447396457_QJZNe-XL.jpg

447421209_BfyLK-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2009
    I love these beautiful old barns! The Apps. are a special place indeed! Fine deer country right there! Great images.
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    Howdy Tom,

Congratulations, what a great and well Deserved Honor indeed.

I know how much this area means to you and to have your images being used to show the Countryside to the World brings a big smile to your face.

Kindest Regards,

Craig
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    Hi Tom
    Some day I'd love to visit this area. Your images always make a compelling case for putting this on my "must see" list. Great images and congrats for the publishing opportunity.

Be well.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    I love that first barn... really cool. Looks like it's been there a while.

Congrats on the book usage.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2009
    These are the final selections of my pictures that are to be included in a forthcoming book about rural Appalachian farm life. The author, an accomplished photographer, is producing the preponderance of photos.

I love that last shot Tom clap.gif they all look good, but the shape of that Barn and the beautiful Fall Colours make that one a real beauty thumb.gif

Must be pretty exciting to be asked to do this type of work,
    and be published as well :ivar congratulations, they look GREAT!

.... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2009
    Idlewild...

You're right about the deer. In early light, and evening, you see hoards of them. Guys that I know who live there have no trouble keeping their freezers full.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited January 4, 2009
    Hi Craig,

You're right, of course, I do love the area very much and I'm very fortunate that I can spend a lot of time in that neck of the woods. I'd really love to see what magic you could work there with your skills.

Tom
    edited January 4, 2009
    Hi Jack,

Thanks for your comments and your on-going support. You would also be a great candidate to see the area and add your perspective to the opportunities there. I hope you make it there one day.

Take care, my friend.

Tom
    edited January 4, 2009
    Roadkill...

Thanks for looking in. My focus was on the really old structures that were still in use....to some degree. I wouldn't go into some of the buildings I see, but they are in current use. The folks using them are a lot braver than me.

Tom
    edited January 4, 2009
    Hi Skippy,

I know I speak for a great many people, here in our forum, when I thank you for all the support and encouragement you send our way. Personally, it means a lot to me and I appreciate it very much.

I met the author of the book at a university gathering....the school is backing the production of the book. One thing led to another and he invited me to submit a few shots for consideration of being included. I am thrilled a few of mine made it. There are some other contributing photographers as well, at least three I know of....maybe more.....in addition to the author himself.

Take care,

Tom
  • Shootin1stShootin1st Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2009
    Congratulations. Especially love the last one. You can almost feel the textures in the wood.
    Constructive Criticism Welcome!
    All photos are Copyrighted and Registered. Please don't use without permission.

5DSR 16-35 2.8L III 24-70 2.8L II 70-200 2.8L IS II