Options

"Thank you" email to customers?

agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
edited January 3, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Having just sold my first photo via Smugmug cart, my first inclination is to send the customer a "thank you" email using the name/email shown on the order. What is experience on this? Is there a reason I shouldn't do this?

Thanks.
Acadiana Al
Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
Blog: Journey to the Light
"Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2009
    Why would you hesitate? Do it! Tactful, short/sweet. Assure them that you won't spam 'em. Tell 'em to holler to you if they have any issues. Thank them 1000x for buying!
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Why would you hesitate? Do it! Tactful, short/sweet. Assure them that you won't spam 'em. Tell 'em to holler to you if they have any issues. Thank them 1000x for buying!
    Thanks for affirmation, Andy. Appreciated iloveyou.gif
    Acadiana Al
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • Options
    NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    I send a Thank You email every single time. Short, personal, and grateful!
    More thank once, I've replied to my Order email, forgotten to change the To address, and sent my email to SmugMug instead! Haha-
  • Options
    KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    I send a follow-up thank you e-mail to every customer who places an order with me through Smugmug.

Besides just being a good business practice, many times it has led to additional assignments and additional orders.

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2009
    Thanks to all
    Your comments are appreciated! Just confirmed my feelings. Don't know what Smugmug's order confirmation email format is or whether it mentions the selling photographer's name. But doesn't matter though...still good practice to send our own personal thanks.
    Acadiana Al
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2009
    agallia wrote:
    Your comments are appreciated! Just confirmed my feelings. Don't know what Smugmug's order confirmation email format is or whether it mentions the selling photographer's name. But doesn't matter though...still good practice to send our own personal thanks.
    You really should price a gallery at .01 over and order your own stuff when logged out like a visitor. deal.gif

Thanks for your SmugMug order!

We truly appreciate your business and hope you'll be delighted with the prints you've ordered.

This email is your order confirmation and payment receipt. It will take about 9 business days to process your order because the photographer has requested extra time to make sure the images are perfect.

We'll send you another email to let you know when your prints have shipped. Of course, you can always view your order online at:

secure order link here

If you are prompted for an email address and password, use (email address here) and (one-time use password here) to view your order.

Here's what you ordered:

Qty Item Line Subtotal
    1 8 x 8 Print $3.39 USD

Order Subtotal: $XXXUSD
    Shipping & Handling: $XXX USD
    Total: $XXX USD

When your order has shipped, we will bill it to:
    (address here)

We'll ship them to:
    (address here)

Your order will ship via US Postal Service Priority, FedEx 3-day or UPS Ground. Please allow 3 to 5 business days for it to make its appearance after you receive a shipment confirmation email from SmugMug.

Questions? Email us at the help desk . We love hearing from our customers and typically respond within a few hours.

You can contact your photographer about this order via email:
    Andy ThePro andy@emailaddresshere.com

Thanks again for ordering from SmugMug, the ultimate in photo sharing.

Sincerely,
    Chris & Don MacAskill
    Owners, Photographers, Regular Guys
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    You really should price a gallery at .01 over and order your own stuff when logged out like a visitor. deal.gif
    Okay, Andy. I'm biting, so what's the advantage for 1 cent...why should I do it? ne_nau.gifRecords?
    Acadiana Al
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2009
    agallia wrote:
    Okay, Andy. I'm biting, so what's the advantage for 1 cent...why should I do it? ne_nau.gifRecords?
    So you can see exactly what your clients see, with the least possible extra cost. And yeah, we only track and record sales that are at-profit.