Options

SmugVault frustrations/problems

jefferaijefferai Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited January 3, 2009 in SmugMug Support
I'm having a super weird and super difficult time making a gallery work with SmugVault, from uploading to displaying to sorting.

I uploaded a series of DNGs from Adobe Lightroom. Initially, only eight of the 24 pictures were shown, and I thought something was messed up, so I deleted the images from the gallery and re-uploaded. Still only eight were shown. I then did a crop on one of the pictures and did a replace upload from within Lightroom (this was one of the pictures that was showing up), and no dice.

I found the link for the Vault, and when I went in, I found that there were now 48 images in the vault -- most of them showing the SmugVault logo, not a thumbnail -- with the picture I had replaced showing two items next to it. So I removed the first ones I had uploaded and the original of the item I had cropped, leaving 24 pictures in the vault (and 24 in the Trash).

Going back to my gallery, the same result -- only eight shown. I also noticed that despite the filenames being easily sortable -- 20090101-IMGXXXX-Y.dng where XXXX is the camera sequence number and should allow for proper sorting, the sorting was messed up in at least one way that I noticed, where the last picture was showing up in the third position. So I went into the gallery tools and decided to do an Arrange By Number. The numbers all looked fine, so I hit Save.

Now in my gallery there are 34 images (not 24, so there are now more images than I have pictures) but all but 8 of them show the SmugVault icon instead of a thumbnail/picture. The item that I cropped and reuploaded is also still showing the original DNG, instead of the cropped one. The first ten images do not show the SmugVault starburst in the thumbnail; the other 24 do.

What is going on here? I don't think I was doing anything wrong, but if so, what? How do I get my picture displaying properly?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,275 moderator
    edited January 3, 2009
    Are you aware that while SmugVault accepts any file type, your SmugMug galleries as viewed by the public don't? Supported files are shown on this page - http://www.smugmug.com/help/upload-photos.

I highly recommend viewing your galleries when logged out to see what your viewers will see.

--- Denise
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    SmugVault is really personal - please email all of this to our heroes and let us help you personally and directly from our help desk, thanks!

http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal
  • Options
    jefferaijefferai Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited January 3, 2009
    Are you aware that while SmugVault accepts any file type, your SmugMug galleries as viewed by the public don't? Supported files are shown on this page - http://www.smugmug.com/help/upload-photos.

I highly recommend viewing your galleries when logged out to see what your viewers will see.

--- Denise

From what I have read, if supported file types (like RAW and DNG files) are uploaded to your SmugVault, it should automatically create viewable copies for public viewing.

This is what is happening for 8 out of the 24 pictures, the question is why it's not happening to the rest (and why I now have 10 ghost pictures).
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    jefferai wrote:
    From what I have read, if supported file types (like RAW and DNG files) are uploaded to your SmugVault, it should automatically create viewable copies for public viewing.

This is what is happening for 8 out of the 24 pictures, the question is why it's not happening to the rest (and why I now have 10 ghost pictures).
    Link to your site? And the gallery in question?
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,275 moderator
    edited January 3, 2009
    jefferai wrote:
    Ah, my bad! Thanks for pointing that out. I'll remember...

--- Denise