edited January 3, 2009
    Are there alot of birds in there?
    You find the most interesting things in the desert!:D
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    Are there alot of birds in there?
    You find the most interesting things in the desert!:D

A sunrise entoptic twisting together birds.

Thanks. I've driven by this thing maybe 40 times and never really saw it until last month.
    Anybody can do it.
  • mrlassitermrlassiter Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited January 4, 2009
    Hmmm... Kinda screams "Desert Geisha" to me... great capture...
    I notice you photograph near my neck of the woods a lot. I am in Palmdale/Lancaster area, so, I have much the same in the way of raw materials, but, yours are so much better.
    edited January 4, 2009
    mrlassiter wrote:
    Hmmm... Kinda screams "Desert Geisha" to me... great capture...
    I notice you photograph near my neck of the woods a lot. I am in Palmdale/Lancaster area, so, I have much the same in the way of raw materials, but, yours are so much better.

"Desert Geisha", that's an interesting thought. It does have the look.

I try to make it out that way every so often. I have a brother that lives in Palmdale. It's very pretty out there with the plains and mountains to the south and mining to the north. I'm into the east Mojave this year. There's some of the strangest things out there.

If you may be interested, here's something I'm developing;
    http://aeve.com/zzyzx/
    I spend quite a few weekends out there taking natural science/history classes. It's nice just to go out and spend the weekend shooting photos.

With the fall rains and this last snow the pattern is pretty much in place for a good wildflower year.
    Anybody can do it.
  • mrlassitermrlassiter Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    I'll consider it, but, the LOML is pregnant with twins and due around then, so, I probably won't be traveling far during those months. Interesting that there is soo much around there, I've passed that road many times on way to L.V., always wondered.
    If you get out our way anytime soon, please look us up. Would enjoy a meet up.
    edited January 7, 2009
    mrlassiter wrote:
    I'll consider it, but, the LOML is pregnant with twins and due around then, so, I probably won't be traveling far during those months. Interesting that there is soo much around there, I've passed that road many times on way to L.V., always wondered.
    If you get out our way anytime soon, please look us up. Would enjoy a meet up.

There's a couple places north of you that I'd Like to hit in late spring- I started doing the desert thing about 14 years ago. I thought it'd be like sensory deprivation, to go stand in the middle of nothing out in the middle of nowhere. I started a project to shoot all the good stuff out there and put it on the web (96). I thought it'd take me 2 years, 4 tops. Was I ever wrong! The geology, the plants and animals, the ecology of it all- Paleo and Indian cultures, explorers, pioneers, prospectors, ranchers, roads and trains and on and on. I like that it all seems laid bare and naked out there, but so much of it has to be searched for and is not apparent. The way everything connects blows me away. The abruptness of it all is equally impressive. Mary Austin called it a land without borders, and even with steep and rocky mountains jutting out in the weirdest of places, it just sort of all blends together. ... I find myself totally under the place's spell.

My wife makes sure we go to the beach once or twice a year though. That's fun. And congrats on the twins!
    Anybody can do it.
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    The color of the light certainly is different. Do you often get that pinky/red light in the morning?
    edited January 7, 2009
    hawkeye978 wrote:
    The color of the light certainly is different. Do you often get that pinky/red light in the morning?

I never really thought about it, but yep, it's fairly consistant.
    Anybody can do it.
  • speedsk8rspeedsk8r Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    What ever it is i like the color's.