My Niece #2

RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
edited January 3, 2009 in People
Here's a second a shot...still a bit harsh with the lighting.

447879767_uUc8v-L.jpg
Randy Brogen, CPP
www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP

Comments

• Anderson-PhotographyAnderson-Photography Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited January 3, 2009
    RBrogen wrote:
    Here's a second a shot...still a bit harsh with the lighting.

447879767_uUc8v-L.jpg

The lighting on her right side is way too harsh as it's blowing out skin texture on her forehead, cheel and you're losing the color of her eyes. Also, the angle of the main light is off. The shadow should go from the tip of her nose to the corner of her mouth and also be much softer than it is.
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    Was this one also shot by the back door with natural light? I think this one is more pleasing to the eye than the other shot. Although the lighting and shadows are a bit harsh, I like it well enough for an informal photo.

Caroline
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    Was this one also shot by the back door with natural light? I think this one is more pleasing to the eye than the other shot. Although the lighting and shadows are a bit harsh, I like it well enough for an informal photo.

Caroline

Thanks Caroline. This is another shot from the backdoor series. I hope to get a formal session soon so that I can control the lighting.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    The lighting on her right side is way too harsh as it's blowing out skin texture on her forehead, cheel and you're losing the color of her eyes. Also, the angle of the main light is off. The shadow should go from the tip of her nose to the corner of her mouth and also be much softer than it is.

Hi Chris. Thanks for commenting. This shot and another one in an earlier post were not in a controlled environment but of an unplanned opportunity where my niece was sitting close to the back door and I snapped a few shots of her. I figured that I would still post them to get some feedback on perhaps ways to address blown out shots like this. If you have any thoughts I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Best,
    Randy
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com