Winter wonders

PuzzlerjoPuzzlerjo Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
edited January 3, 2009 in Landscapes
I'm new to this site and would appreciate feedback on my photograph. I'd like to know what you think I did right and what can be improved on.
447927142_Qq6Fd-M.jpg

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    We'ld be glad to comment if we could see your image. headscratch.gif

Posting a Pic on Dgrin

And welcome to Dgrin!
    Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • PuzzlerjoPuzzlerjo Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    I have checked my settings and it all looks good. The preview shows the image and it shows when I am not logged in. Is anyone able to view the picture?
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    Puzzlerjo wrote:
    I have checked my settings and it all looks good. The preview shows the image and it shows when I am not logged in. Is anyone able to view the picture?
    Well I do see it now! Don't know why I did not before.

The subject of the bridge is kind of dark and lost in the background. I do like ow the land on the right and the white snow on the ice lead us out to it, though, balanced by the tree, which in itself is another subject, and brighter, so it is hard to tell what is truly the subject of your image.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • zonasuezonasue Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited January 3, 2009
    I agree...not sure what the subject is. My eye is drawn to the snowy ice on the dark water and then off to the right and follow up the tree.