New Poster: C&C Please

waynebodleywaynebodley Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited January 3, 2009 in People
Attachment not found.Attachment not found.dean-&-janice-1.jpgHi, I'm pretty new to portrait and I was hoping for some critical eyes out there, thanks in advance.Wayne
Medium
Medium
Medium
Hope I did this right!
Maybe this time, I appreciate your patience while I navigate this new frontier.

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    Hi, I'm pretty new to portrait and I was hoping for some critical eyes out there, thanks in advance.Wayne
    Medium
    Medium
    Medium
    Hope I did this right!

Hi, and welcome to dgrin!

Not seeing any pictures, I'm afraid. :( If you're with Smugmug, do you have "external links" selected?
  • waynebodleywaynebodley Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited January 3, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Hi, and welcome to dgrin!

Not seeing any pictures, I'm afraid. :( If you're with Smugmug, do you have "external links" selected?
    Thanks, can I only attach 1 photo at a time? I'm sure there's a faq or something but... anyway here's another photo (I hope)
    Rebecca-studio.jpg
    edited January 3, 2009
    Here's the last one, thanks
    mcmullen.jpg
  • ScottoScotto Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    These look slightly out of focus to me, the first photograph in-particular.

Composition seems to be fine though thumb.gif
    My SmugMug | Follow me on Twitter | iChat: ScottMacUser
    edited January 3, 2009
    Yeah, I put a diffusion filter on the first two, not sure if that was a good idea or not, I guess it's easier to blur than sharpen later. I'm struggling with dof on the studio shots because I'm not sure if I've got enough light. I built a couple softboxes and put 200w daylight fluorescent in one and 100w in the other, also a 60w hairlight and a 60w background light. I'm using a sony a300 with a 50mm minolta on it and I'm having trouble getting to f7 which would probably help. So my shutter speed is probably to slow to get a good focus. Thanks for your help .