Options

PS Action across subdirectories?

StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
edited January 4, 2009 in Finishing School
I have Photoshop 8.0 (I think that's CS (not CS2 or CS3))

I have an action which I can run across many .psd files, and it works just fine for me.

I have *many* directories of such files, and I'm trying to find a way to have the action run across them all.

i.e. is there a way to have a Photoshop action process both of these files:
picture1dq1.png

Comments

• Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2009
    Hmm. This is certainly easy to do now ... One of the Adobe guru's created a script many PS versions ago (Russell Brown www.russellbrown.com) that is now included with Photoshop.

The script is called "Image Processor" and will do exactly what you want to do (run an action against many files in a nested folder hierarchy). It will also resize, save to multiple file types (jpeg, tiff, psd) all at the same time.

You can see some of the video tutorials on his website. However, he no longer has the script on his website. You will need to go to adobe for that.

This is the version for CS.

Hope this helps,
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2009
    so close, yet so far away. thanks Brad, I appreciate the info. It looks like Adobe's rearranged their site and missed something - or maybe pulled it on purpose - either way the download's gone 404. They point to brown's site, but to a location that doesn't exist. :cry I'll keep poking around to see if I can find it somewhere else. If someone's got a copy they can email me, or other ideas, I'd be happy to hear.
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2009
    I was able to download the second one on the page (the one with the goofy picture). Let me know if you can do the same ....
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2009
    it turns out that I have a backup image of my old computer with Photoshop CS and I found the image processor scripts. I can zip them and email them to you if you want.

Send me a PM with your email address.

(Update: I sent an email to the address on your blog)
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2009
    got it, thanks Brad. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I don't seem to see a way to have it process files throughout a directory tree, just ones in a single directory. good tool for that, though.