Options

One Soon

2»

Comments

• Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Quitarita wrote:
    Thank you sooooo much for this and the filter information! :) This all really helps.

So far I've had one experience with off camera shots using a cord in a dimly lit party situation. Both camera and flash were on manual mode and used no filters but had a diffuser on my flash. It was fun and exciting and frustrating and awkward too. So I'm trying to find a different solution.

Again thanks so much for you input and for your inspirational photography! :)

No problem...

Say....I had a look at your website. You have some beautiful wedding photographs in there. You should share a few with the forum.....they are stunning.
  • Options
    QuitaritaQuitarita Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    No problem...

Say....I had a look at your website. You have some beautiful wedding photographs in there. You should share a few with the forum.....they are stunning.

Holy Moley! You really mean my pictures?! :)

If you don't mind, can you tell me which ones you liked? Was it the wedding with the blonde bride in Half Moon Bay on my blog? I think those are my best ones but they are not on my smugmug site yet.

I'm shooting a wedding this coming Saturday (as a second) and I've already told myself that I will share my stuff with you guys to get C&C to help me improve.

Gracias,
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    Quitarita wrote:
    Holy Moley! You really mean my pictures?! :)

If you don't mind, can you tell me which ones you liked? Was it the wedding with the blonde bride in Half Moon Bay on my blog? I think those are my best ones but they are not on my smugmug site yet.

I'm shooting a wedding this coming Saturday (as a second) and I've already told myself that I will share my stuff with you guys to get C&C to help me improve.

Gracias,

I don't remember exactly where I saw them, but those that you had on your blog from the workshop were great as well as some other wedding shots. In particular I remember one with an older automobile.

Sharing...and asking for C&C here is a terrific way to get help with specific areas, as well as get honest opinions from folks who are unattatched emotionally to the images. Most criticism here is constructive in nature, but not always. I encourage you to definately share some shots....and ask questions about specific areas where you would want to improve. Don't immediately get discouraged by a negative remark about an image. ALWAYS.....check some portfolio or gallery images taken by the person offering the critique. This will help you to sort through whatever suggestions you get....as getting wedding photograpohy advice from someone who ONLY shoots wildlife may not be that helpful.

I hope the light on a stick works out for you. Pravtice first....shooting one handed can be unwieldy!.
  • Options
    rednblaccrednblacc Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited January 13, 2009
    Outstanding!! i love #'s 8,9 and especially 10. I just love reflections of people to me it is more intimate, but thats only my opinion.

-sabirah
    "Complaining only Lessens your enjoyment in Life"- Sabirah Numan 2008 :thumb