Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel

Mr_Beach_BumMr_Beach_Bum Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited January 6, 2009 in Landscapes
Taken from the Eastern shore observation point at dusk.... C&C appreciated!

1. I never knew you could see the VA Beach skyline from this vantage point, but the 300mm lens helped
448141454_VKH69-XL.jpg

448141358_gUnvf-XL.jpg

448141264_Ve9tM-XL.jpg

448141205_hudRj-XL.jpg

I'm still learning, so go easy on me - and thanks for looking!

Ken

Comments

• coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    Beautiful colors and I love the effect of long exposures on the water.

My favorite are the second and third shots. I like the first shot, but I think the composition may have been improved if the camera was moved to the left and then panned to the right (so that the distance between the piling and the bridge terrace would be increased, and they wouldn't be quite as centered, the terrace would be more on the left and the piling on the right).

This is a great spot, with the pilings, bridge, the lights on the bridge, the great colors in the sky and water... I could easily make several trips to this spot, good job!
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2009
    Wow fantastic colors!!! This looks remarkably like the shot I took this summer from the other Bay Bridge... the one closer to Annapolis.

I'm a bad Marylander and am not terribly familiar with all the bridges in this area. But I love your sunset shots and I agree with Ron, I would find reasons to shoot there more if I saw scenes like this. thumb.gif
  • pillmanpillman Registered Users Posts: 821 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    Very nice- from that zipcode. Nice memories..
  • Shootin1stShootin1st Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    Great shots! Love the color.

thumb.gif
    Constructive Criticism Welcome!
    All photos are Copyrighted and Registered. Please don't use without permission.

5DSR 16-35 2.8L III 24-70 2.8L II 70-200 2.8L IS II
  • Mr_Beach_BumMr_Beach_Bum Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    thanks for your feedback! And I do agree with Ron - I'd like a different viewpoint. Next time I might have to get more adventurous and walk down the beach.
  • speedsk8rspeedsk8r Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2009
    No thank you for the pics love the clarity,no CC here.
  • bob swansonbob swanson Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2009
    :D I've done some of the same images from "Sunset Beach" but don't really know where your vantage point was. I do have some bridge images from
    "Chick's Beach" though. Good images and let's get together if you are in the area.
    bsvirginian.smugmug.commwink.gif
  • Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2009
    Great shots. What a fantastic bridge. Another great vantage point is the restaurant on the bridge.
    Steve

Website