Manchester (UK) Wide

InternautInternaut Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
edited January 4, 2009 in Landscapes
A couple of shots from a rare shoot in my home town. It's been a fairly grim winter and that means a degree of post processing. As such, feel free to complain vigorously about both my composition and PP 8-). I would have posted one to whipping post but that's not strictly what that forum is for......

448494511_zp9yk-L.jpg

448495350_EYWPN-L.jpg

448496342_doDfS-L.jpg

All photos from this gallery:

http://internaut.smugmug.com/gallery/7005660_jW9LX#448492819_ys7tH

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2009
    Ah me..... I moved away from the area 10 years ago and haven't been back since, so it's quite something to see these photographs!!!!!!

I will say that even a sunny day in Manchester tends to look grey, so I think whatever processing you did is 100% representative :D

Oh, and isn't the Lowry museum in Salford (and WHAT is that media centre???!!!?? Good grief!)
  • InternautInternaut Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2009
    Yup, the Beeb is moving to Manchester in a big way (and upsetting a lot of its London employees in the process). So, you left a couple of years after the IRA forced us to rebuild the place. The centre in particular is vibrant these days but not easy to photograph in the winter months.
    divamum wrote:
    Ah me..... I moved away from the area 10 years ago and haven't been back since, so it's quite something to see these photographs!!!!!!

I will say that even a sunny day in Manchester tends to look grey, so I think whatever processing you did is 100% representative :D

Oh, and isn't the Lowry museum in Salford (and WHAT is that media centre???!!!?? Good grief!)
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2009
    Internaut wrote:
    Yup, the Beeb is moving to Manchester in a big way (and upsetting a lot of its London employees in the process). So, you left a couple of years after the IRA forced us to rebuild the place. The centre in particular is vibrant these days but not easy to photograph in the winter months.

Actually, we left a few months after the IRA Urban Planning Experience (my mil was actually in town shopping on the day, fortunately not near the actual explosion), but I haven't been back since they've rebuilt it (I gather Shambles Square is no more, and that I probably wouldn't recognize the Arndale or the Corn Exchange....)

Are the Beeb out of Broadcasting House on Oxford Rd, or is the new facility an expansion? Boggle.

Great pics, not at all by the way!!
  • InternautInternaut Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2009
    The Beeb are still on Oxford Road for radio but now have a new centre for TV production around Salford Quays.