People...

3767344-L.jpg

3767346-L.jpg

3767363-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2004
    I really like the velo guy reading his book in the back, grabbing his eye. I wouldn't normally select that pic as special, but I realized for how long I was staring at it. It's very human, I can relate to him. And for some reason I find it interesting that someone who appears to be quite poor is reading a book to pass the time. I guess I should be ashamed for having such preconceptions.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2004
    Agreed Sid. China has changed a lot of the ways I think about stuff. I never realized how powerfully simple images are when they capture regular people doing regular stuff. Of course it helps that my subjects are "exotic" but I think that there is a real human quality there - don't worry about the shame, it's natural. I get mad at myself every day for the same reasons.
    wxwax wrote:
    I really like the velo guy reading his book in the back, grabbing his eye. I wouldn't normally select that pic as special, but I realized for how long I was staring at it. It's very human, I can relate to him. And for some reason I find it interesting that someone who appears to be quite poor is reading a book to pass the time. I guess I should be ashamed for having such preconceptions.
  • Options
    -jAb--jAb- Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited April 28, 2004
    damonff wrote:
    I never realized how powerfully simple images are when they capture regular people doing regular stuff.
    photograpgy to me is all about showing the world waht they look at every day but dont see

there is a lot of great emotion in your pics

thanks for sharing
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2004
    Thanks for the compliment jAb. I'm glad that I can show you what I'm seeing over here.
    -jAb- wrote:
    photograpgy to me is all about showing the world waht they look at every day but dont see

there is a lot of great emotion in your pics

thanks for sharing