alpine grove

chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
edited January 10, 2009 in Landscapes
Decided at the last minute today to try and catch a sunset in alpine grove park in a small town called Switzerland, Florida. I spent most of my time shooting the sunset, but on a whim turned around and shot the trees with the sun to my side. I like the lighting result and it turned out better than the shots I went to get in the first place. C and C would be appreciated.
Thanks
Chris
449283292_rPv4x-L.jpg

Comments

• NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2009
    An alpine grove in a town named Switzerland...in Florida eek7.gif OK ne_nau.gif

I love cypress trees. The lighting on the trees is nice. And the knees around the base of the main tree are positioned well in the frame to get attention. In this small format you can't see much detail but I'm assuming so in a larger version.

A little more color in the sky/water would have been nice. My only real nit is that one of the trees in the background is lined up vertically with one of he knees in the foreground and its reflection keeps the knee from standing out as well as it could.

Overall it's a pretty nice image particularly for those of us familiar with cypress lined waterways thumb.gif
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...
  • ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    Do you have any variations shot from a lower angle? (I'm guessing that would make the knees more prominent and bring out more of their unique character)

I dug up the full size version on your smugmug page and the knees have lots more character than the posted size shows. Cool capture. Thanks for sharing.
  • chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    Thanks for the advice. I did take some lower shots to try and get the knees in the foreground more but they ended up way too dark and the shot was a throw away. I took your advice and tried to boost the colors a little bit. here's the result:

449282580_fWqEv-L.jpg

I wish I had taken more of this subject, but at the time I was more focused on the sunset just to the left here:

449286638_VBndT-M.jpg

almost looks like two different places doesn't it?
  • NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    Nice, Chris. You did good looking in the other direction thumb.gif
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
  • speedsk8rspeedsk8r Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    I like them both the colors are very good,the dept of field in the second one is gorgeous.