Where is the challenge about cents/sense interpretation

fotoeffectsfotoeffects Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
edited January 5, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I cannot find the challenge about interpreting cents/sense, etc. I wanted to enter it? Did I miss out?

Comments

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    headscratch.gif Not sure which challenge you're referring to. But information about the current one can be found here:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=115435

The requirements are a little different that ones we've done in the past, so you'll need to re-read the rules to make sure you won't get DQ'd.

Hope to see something from you in Challenge #16. :D
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 5, 2009
    Now unless I'm totally crazy, I don't think we've ever had a sense/cents challenge. I dug back through all DSS and LPS history.

Where did you find this topic???
    ne_nau.gif

DSS history (so far):
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=101510

LPS (ancient) history:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=55280
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• fotoeffectsfotoeffects Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    Maybe I'm Crazy!
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Now unless I'm totally crazy, I don't think we've ever had a sense/cents challenge. I dug back through all DSS and LPS history.

Where did you find this topic???
    ne_nau.gif

DSS history (so far):
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=101510

LPS (ancient) history:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=55280
    About a week ago, I thought I saw this in the Challenge #16. It was similar in some respects to the current Challenge. You had to post your image for critique in some other forums on Dgrin. The example given was a photo of a wad of bills, done, I think by dedmanshootn or CuriousCamel. I also saw quite a few other money images posted on the Dailies that indicated they were part of the challenge. I actually posted a couple of images on the challenges a few days later that were images of coins falling. Most things about the challenge seemed the same as it now shows, except that it said to interpret any of the various spellings of cents/sense in any way you wanted. I was going to do "Cents of Falling" with one of my shots. I had actually checked the challenge several times to see the other entries and there were a few there. When I came back a few days later, the challenge was different and I could find nothing related to the cents/sense challenge. I've never been known for imagining things before, but I cannot explain this. Thanks for answering. Would I be able to enter one of my images for the current challenge if it was just posted in the dailies? I am thinking about how I might be able to take a high key natural light shot as a possible entry, but I did spend quite a bit of time setting up my other images, so would kind of like to use them.
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    learnin wrote:
    About a week ago, I thought I saw this in the Challenge #16. It was similar in some respects to the current Challenge. You had to post your image for critique in some other forums on Dgrin. The example given was a photo of a wad of bills, done, I think by dedmanshootn or CuriousCamel. I also saw quite a few other money images posted on the Dailies that indicated they were part of the challenge. I actually posted a couple of images on the challenges a few days later that were images of coins falling. Most things about the challenge seemed the same as it now shows, except that it said to interpret any of the various spellings of cents/sense in any way you wanted. I was going to do "Cents of Falling" with one of my shots. I had actually checked the challenge several times to see the other entries and there were a few there. When I came back a few days later, the challenge was different and I could find nothing related to the cents/sense challenge. I've never been known for imagining things before, but I cannot explain this. Thanks for answering. Would I be able to enter one of my images for the current challenge if it was just posted in the dailies? I am thinking about how I might be able to take a high key natural light shot as a possible entry, but I did spend quite a bit of time setting up my other images, so would kind of like to use them.

I think maybe what you're referring to is a challenge presented by someone strictly on the daily forum. Those challenges do not cross over here, but are for folks on the dailies. Could this be it?
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    The theme/subject for this challenge is wide open this time around. The main thing to remember is that you need to post your entry for critiquing in one of the other topics, like "People", "Journeys", "Wildlife", etc. Then when you post your pic in the entry thread, you need to include a link to the critiquing thread you opened for your entry. That's what's different about this challenge as opposed to all the others.

What you may have found was one of the critiquing threads????
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    learnin wrote:

I think you are talking about those challenges that appear on the daily photos community...
    You will have to ask there how to enter.

I personally don't know, because I've never asked, but I know there are
    like 5-6 participants in every challenge all the time.
    One was something like "cents/sense" yes.
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
  • fotoeffectsfotoeffects Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    You Are Right!
    Elaine wrote:
    I think maybe what you're referring to is a challenge presented by someone strictly on the daily forum. Those challenges do not cross over here, but are for folks on the dailies. Could this be it?
    I figured it out when I saw a new challenge posted there. It seems to be a private challenge, with only certain people invited to participate.