another sis-in-law's family

ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
edited January 5, 2009 in People
Taken on New Year's Day in Grandma and Grandpa's front yard at about -3 degrees F or so! Brrrr! I did use fill flash. I think my DOF was a little shallow...f/3.5...I didn't get the sharpness I'd like here. But I think it's passable. Thoughts?

449432903_J4yGg-XL.jpg
Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    A+ omn this one. The reflection of the flash(?) in his eyeglasses would be my only nit.

Very nice!thumb.gif
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    Really nice, Elaine. And they don't look that cold at all! (good fakers)

I was waiting for you to post to see if I knew them. Nope, no such luck.
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    Thanks, Heather. Oh, that would have been too funny if you had known them! I mentioned your name so many times while I was there that they probably think they know you! And I told my brother about you as he and his wife will be having their first baby in July and may want some photos! :D

Jeff...yes, the flash in the glasses. What to do?? I decreased a tiny bit of the glare but it's still very much there. I know they won't mind, however, so I'm not letting it stress me. I'm wondering if it's actually a tad warm though.
    Elaine

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    Elaine wrote:
    Jeff...yes, the flash in the glasses. What to do?? I decreased a tiny bit of the glare but it's still very much there. I know they won't mind, however, so I'm not letting it stress me. I'm wondering if it's actually a tad warm though.
    Lots of things that can be done. The easiest is to have them change the angle of their head. You can also raise the temples a touch so the lens point more downward. You can also remove the lenses fromthe frames. After that, you can sometimes fix it in post.
    edited January 5, 2009
    Lots of things that can be done. The easiest is to have them change the angle of their head. You can also raise the temples a touch so the lens point more downward. You can also remove the lenses fromthe frames. After that, you can sometimes fix it in post.

Yes, I've tried the raising the temples thing before...I wasn't terribly fond of the outcome of that. Mostly my question referred to "what to do" after the fact, as none of us were all that interested in messing with glasses in sub-zero temps. This was a FAST shot! mwink.gif
    Elaine

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    Elaine wrote:
    Yes, I've tried the raising the temples thing before...I wasn't terribly fond of the outcome of that. Mostly my question referred to "what to do" after the fact, as none of us were all that interested in messing with glasses in sub-zero temps. This was a FAST shot! mwink.gif
    Why so fast? The temperature as close to zero - not that bad!:lol4
    edited January 5, 2009
    Why so fast? The temperature as close to zero - not that bad!:lol4

:D Hah! We had already been outside for awhile, getting a big group family shot...we were nearing the end of our tolerance!
    Elaine

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    Elaine wrote:

Loosely select the colored part of his right eye....copy it....paste it as a new layer.....move it over his left eye.....then create a layer mask and use a soft brush to blend it in. You can zoom in tight and use the clone tool to fix his right eye.....it will be the harder of the two.

Of course it isnt that bad as is.....I did say it was only a nit!!!mwink.gif

Scotts advice for what to do before the fact is good. Off camera flash is another cure.