Robyn

PadgePadge Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited January 9, 2009 in People
My niece Robyn caught with this candid on New Years.

449468026_mTZWC-XL.jpg
“It takes a lot of imagination to be a good photographer. You need less imagination to be a painter, because you can invent things. But in photography everything is so ordinary; it takes a lot of looking before you learn to see the ordinary.”
David Bailey

www.padge.smugmug.com

Comments

• ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    Welcome to DGrin!

I love how her hair seems to mimic her hand position. This is a delightful shot and a nice conversion. Since it's a candid, it makes me wonder if you cleaned up the background somehow? The eye is sharp and the smile is sweet. thumb.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • PadgePadge Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    Elaine wrote:
    Welcome to DGrin!

I love how her hair seems to mimic her hand position. This is a delightful shot and a nice conversion. Since it's a candid, it makes me wonder if you cleaned up the background somehow? The eye is sharp and the smile is sweet. thumb.gif

Thanks for the comments Elaine.

It was shot with an apature of f2.8 and the background was fairly plain so it was already soft, however I did use some gaussian blur just to smooth it out a little.
    “It takes a lot of imagination to be a good photographer. You need less imagination to be a painter, because you can invent things. But in photography everything is so ordinary; it takes a lot of looking before you learn to see the ordinary.”
    David Bailey

www.padge.smugmug.com
  • clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2009
    Welcome! What an awesome candid shot.clap.gifclap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • PadgePadge Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    Tweaked this one a bit as I'm considering it for the comp. All C & C welcome.

451988686_Y6E2u-XL.jpg
    David Bailey

www.padge.smugmug.com