SnowBalls!!

rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
edited January 6, 2009 in Landscapes
I have not been able to post pics for a short time because I took last week off and we only have dial up at home:(.

Anyway, we woke up last Tuesday morning to see these snowballs all over the fields around our home. We live on what is called the West Plains, just out of Spokane, WA. We have fresh snow over night and very brisk winds to go along with it. Generally, we then just get massive drifts, but this time we got snowballs. I have never seen these before, but they were all over in the fields. At first, I was not sure this could have happened like this, but then when looking closer, I could see the trails where the wind had pushed them. It was pretty cool. Here are a few pictures for you.
Comments always are welcomed:).

Ron

449540682_ndPnY-L.jpg
449541576_Z5EqZ-L.jpg

449539133_2FEEq-L.jpg
449538267_Sn4yr-L.jpg
"The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95

Comments

• BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    Pretty cool. I like the last image the best as it makes those balls look huge.

This reminds me of the Racetrack Playa in Death Valley.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    The last one is good. You might even boost the contrast a bit in the snow to highlight the snowballs. Maybe.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2009
    Amazing.....I live where there is a lot of snow right now and I've never seen this. I was out and saw small rocks that were blown by the wind.