and this one: NWF4LF71ZKGMBK

Comes to $589.15 with free shipping.

I Just wanted to be a good neighbor!

troy

Comments

• Options
    bkrietebkriete Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2005
    I knew I was saving my income tax refund for a good cause...Thanks for the heads up, I've got one on the way.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2005
    Dang it, I just bought that thing.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2005
    I want it so bad, I really NEED the low light Tamron 28-75.or whatever, it is on back order for 369.00.

But that is not what I WANT. I have wanted that 10-22 since I first saw it used.

I figured my money out. I am 120.00 short, just literally. And I need to pay for some stuff, like tickets and entries to the dog park (park, park). Stuff like that.
    A friend of mine is coming to Charleston. I haven't seen her since we were young, like in our twenties, early thirties? I had money then, she has money now. She wants to eat out with us,:cry :cry :cry . We don't DO that. So it is one more thing.

But darn I want that lens. I am going to the Dell site before I hang up the computer.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2005
    It wouldn't take the coupon from me. I was just checking it out to see how long the coupon was good for.

Seemed like Dell had my number.

g
  • Options
    windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2005
    Dell coupons expire fast, some faster than others. you have to be quick to get in on their deals.

troy
    \
    ginger_55 wrote:
    It wouldn't take the coupon from me. I was just checking it out to see how long the coupon was good for.

Seemed like Dell had my number.

g
  • Options
    photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2005
    windoze wrote:
    Dell coupons expire fast, some faster than others. you have to be quick to get in on their deals.
    Yep, the second one expired overnight -- it could have expired at midnight, or after a certain number of uses.

That was an awesome deal, though -- I missed out on it but thanks much for posting it, Troy!

= photobug /Dave
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

• Options
    edited May 18, 2005
    I wanted that lens so bad. No way I should have that lens. One could turn around and resell at that price.

I am on a waiting list for a sigma lens about the same whatevers.......money is killing me right now. I broke out yesterday, and I

bought something not photography related!!!!

The excitement at the time, the remorse and guilt now. No, I am not taking it back. I "grew" up with Jane Fonda.

Plus I had to buy a bird ID book, a photo mag, etc.

g

Please, you all who got that lens, please post pictures with it. I think Canon might come out with another one, or there could be a price war type thing going on.

I notice this stuff in the book world, just before a new book comes out, the previous one is pushed in paperback, but you all knew that, didn't you. Those of you who had a previous life away from photography.

Please show me pictures. I have seen Humungus'. I need to know what is behind the magic: the photographer or the lens. And I know Humungus is a consistently good photographer, with anything. That is why I should see more. Something from a mere mortal. I don't know who else got one.