449897030_Ya54Y-L.jpg
Frank Martinez
Nikon Shooter
It's all about the moment...

Comments

• du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2009
    Nice silhouette.

Is this a B/W conversion? Personally, I think the perspective bugs me, the buildings coming out of the sides of the frame at odd angles... I wonder what this would look like with a nice orange sunset in the background (if that's even possible).

Thanks for posting!
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff
  • erisian popeerisian pope Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited January 6, 2009
    I like the simple, graphic nature of this photo. I do wish you had maybe stepped about a foot to the left so that the tree didn't quite overlap the building. I like how the tree provides gray-tones and textures due to the sky showing through the needles while the church is pure black with no texture at all. It's very cool.
    - Christian
    My Web Gallery
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2009
    I like the simple, graphic nature of this photo. I do wish you had maybe stepped about a foot to the left so that the tree didn't quite overlap the building. I like how the tree provides gray-tones and textures due to the sky showing through the needles while the church is pure black with no texture at all. It's very cool.

15524779-Ti.gif. The tree is a big distraction.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • jstpeterjstpeter Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2009
    IMO the silhoette removes too much detail. It distracts from the nice sky you have, I think a nice B&W with some tonality in the church detail could be nice.
    Would love to hear from you on my blog, or website!
  • TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    I agree with the tree bieng very distracting. That was one of my major gripes with the image. In regards to the tonality of the building, I exposed for the sky, so there really isn't much detail in the church.

The sunset would be killer, but unfortunately, that's facing east.

Thanks for looking.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...