Options

Canon Digital Photo Professional (DPP)

RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
edited January 11, 2009 in Finishing School
Installed ver. 3.5 on this MacPro (OS 10.5.6). It crashes each time when loading. I can't get it to do anything but produce the crash error message "The application Digital Photo Professional quit unexpectedly". A Google search came up with a few things to try in the User:Preferences settings, but nothing works. Using the Canon EOS Utility to remote-shot the camera tries to run DPP after the image is captured. But, there is no running DPP.

There are a few threads here on DGrin, too, but not much help there.

Anybody have problems with DPP and solutions?

Comments

• Options
    Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2009
    I think my friend is running the 3.5 on a Mac without problems.
    Have you tried uninstalling and the trying to download and install it again?

BTW, are you donwloading the upgrade for the DPP and if so do you have an older version of DPP to ugrade? Or is this from a disk with a new camera?
  • Options
    Fred MaurerFred Maurer Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2009
    Running a MBP with 10.5.6 and DPP Version 3.5.1 (3.5.1.0) without any incident. Installed older version from disk that came with a 1DMKII. Updated at the Canon site to this version. Are you attempting to install from a disk?
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2009
    Installed using the CD that came with the camera. A Google search indicates that this appears to be a common problem, but one without any know automatic fix.ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    Sorry to hear that. Have you contacted Canon?
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2009
    Tee Why wrote:
    Sorry to hear that. Have you contacted Canon?
    Nah - I may go down that route later. I'll probably uninstall and let it go.
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2009
    Well - it's working today.

Turns out the default folder that DPP was using when starting up had a a few jpgs and one tiff file. I got rid of that one tiff file and it works fine. If I put that tiff file back then DPP crashes when loading.

Hhhmmm...now test other tiff files. ne_nau.gif