Options

A different keyword issue

inkmantpainkmantpa Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited January 7, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have no problem adding keywords to my images, either in bulk, via Lightroom, or a combination of both. When I try to add the same keywords to the gallery, I run into problems. It appears that the " " cause problems.

For example, in an image, I might have: underwater "cave diving" "cave diver" "underwater cave"

Of I try to copy and paste the above into the gallery keywords and then save, I come back and look and only have: underwater

I don't understand why the keyword syntax is not implemented the same for images and galleries.

Can someone help?

Thanks,

Don
Don Currie Photos

Comments

• Options
    WendeeWendee Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    Hi Don,

Sorry for the trouble! This doesn't sound right at all. Is this happening in all of your galleries? I'm checking out the Peacock Springs 122808 gallery, and I tried adding "underwater" and "cave diving" to the end. You're right, they don't stick. :(

I tried on one of my galleries, same thing. I tried on Safari and Firefox on a Mac, what are you using? Let us know all the info you can and we'll get our bug detectors to investigate and find out what's going on here. :)

You can email us at the help desk as well, help@smugmug.com

Take care,
    Wendee
    Support Hero
  • Options
    carolinecaroline Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    Hi Wendee,
    I haven't checked all my galleries but can confirm the same behavior here:-
    http://www.carolineshipsey.co.uk/gallery/2463701

These are the keywords I entered but if you check you will see that only 'thatching' remains
    Caroline
    Mendip Blog - Blog from The Fog, life on the Mendips
    www.carolineshipsey.co.uk - Follow me on G+

[/URL]
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2009
    Thanks, Caroline. :)

I'll forward this to our guys to see if we can figure out how this is supposed to work, and why it's not following the photo keywords structure. Check back in with us later, we'll do our best to track this down. If it's a bug, we'll fix it. If it's working as designed, we'll look into whether or not it needs to be changed.

Holler back if you need anything else or if you have further input. :D

Wendee
    Support Hero
  • Options
    inkmantpainkmantpa Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    Wendee,

I sent an email to support this morning and got a reply from Sebastian. Apparently you have to use commas to separate the keywords for galleries and "" to separate them for photos. Not very consistent if you ask me, but once I used the commas (cave diving, peacock spring, diving, underwater, cavern diver, etc etc) for the galleries, they stuck.

Don
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2009
    Hi Don,

Yeah, I did see the commas in your gallery. You're right though, it doesn't seem super consistent and I've forwarded the issue so that we can investigate. :)

I didn't know it was different, so I'm sure others have had the same question. Let us know if you need anything else.

Wendee
    Support Hero