The vanished snow

AbiciriderbackAbiciriderback Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
edited January 7, 2009 in Landscapes
Went back to Whatcom Falls Park in Bellingham, WA. Was really surprised to see all of the snow was gone after all the snow we have gotten here in the PNW this year. The branches have really hurt a few of the images but it is a lot to try to clone out. I don't know if any of these really work but here goes.
Thanks for looking

Ray Still

img73811bi8.jpg

img7346copydj7.jpg

img73966ij3.jpg

img73199ol2.jpg

img73080id4.jpg

Comments

• leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2009
    I would say yes, these work. If you have access to the park on a regular basis I would consider: The fish hatchery? the fish ladder? Remember that awful gas explosion that killed those two boys over a decade ago? There are still many burnt parts around the creek, that are historically interesting. There are some super Oaks in that park, in the upper playground. The lower falls, where everyone dives in the summer is pretty cool. And head to the upper reaches, where the ponds are, and there are some way cool wildlife shots. The cemetery on the fringes also makes for some outstanding shots. You did a great job in #1 getting low to the shot (a bugs eye view)! thumb.gif
    Growing with Dgrin

• scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2009
    Love #3, Ray. Might be interesting to revisit this perspective in fall if you can add in some fall color.
  • cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2009
    Very pretty! I really like #1 and #3. In #3 it is difficult to tell which way the water is flowing, if you took the picture from upstream or downstream, pretty cool!

Stephanie
  • speedsk8rspeedsk8r Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    Very cool pics the clarity is on point too.