Options

Whats the best masking software out there

jnsuffolkjnsuffolk Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
edited January 10, 2009 in Finishing School
I just bought a green screen and I'm looking for a good masking software. I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on it. I found a prg called green screen wizard and for green screen it looks great But I'm thinking I should have just bought a good masking prog. I'm looking at mask pro and fluid mask. at the moment. I would appreciate any help

thanx

Comments

• Options
    DennyDenny Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited January 10, 2009
    Try GML Matting and it's free besides
    I don't pretend to be an expert in this area and I don't own a green screen. I have, however, tried GML matting and it appears to be a slick plugin. I was impressed and I have heard others say the same. Plus it is free.
    http://research.graphicon.ru/image-processing/gml-matting.html
    Denny

jnsuffolk wrote:
    I just bought a green screen and I'm looking for a good masking software. I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on it. I found a prg called green screen wizard and for green screen it looks great But I'm thinking I should have just bought a good masking prog. I'm looking at mask pro and fluid mask. at the moment. I would appreciate any help

thanx
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    edited January 10, 2009
    Do you have Photoshop CS3 or CS4?

I suspect that is all you really need for selecting a subject shot against a green screen, as long as they are not wearing any green items.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin