Visiting Grandma's

JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
edited January 7, 2009 in People
We went to my grandma’s house up in Boswell, Indiana on New Year’s Day. It is always such a great place to go. The time seems to stand still when we go up there. We spent the night there. I wasn’t sure how “e” would do all night, but thankfully she was “baby no nap” and went to sleep at 6:30 p.m. and slept all through the night. That gave me the chance to hang out with the family for a good old fashion “hen party” LOL. We played bid ucher and really had a great time.
My grandma’s house is really old and nothing has changed in the upstairs part of the house since I was a kid. “E” went up there and I took the opportunity to take some photos of her in the place where I spent alot of my childhood. I chose to do an antique look for these. Whether they work or not isn’t important to me….these really are just for me and my sisters.
449962764_pjiyC-L.jpg
449962748_n2mJn-L.jpg
449962740_Y5ZvN-L.jpg
449961707_Rif7E-L.jpg
449961385_NdYFt-L.jpg
:D

Comments

• Shootin1stShootin1st Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2009
    Great memories. #5 is special.

thumb.gif
    Constructive Criticism Welcome!
    All photos are Copyrighted and Registered. Please don't use without permission.

5DSR 16-35 2.8L III 24-70 2.8L II 70-200 2.8L IS II
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2009
    Shootin1st wrote:
    Great memories. #5 is special.

thumb.gif

I agree!!!

and think it would look great in a panorama crop in a frame.thumb.gif

Happy New Year Julie!!!
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    I agree!!!

and think it would look great in a panorama crop in a frame.thumb.gif

Happy New Year Julie!!!

Thanks Jeff! I feel out of the loop on here. I miss it. I can't wait til the work picks up again. I am getting a new toy tomorrow. I'm expecting the D90. I'm so stoked!!
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2009
    Thanks Jeff! I feel out of the loop on here. I miss it. I can't wait til the work picks up again. I am getting a new toy tomorrow. I'm expecting the D90. I'm so stoked!!

That is awesome!!! woohoo!!!wings.gif

I am liking my new toy so far....though I really haven't had a chance to do what I really like to do with cameras....that is...people photography.

Can't wait to see your first shots....be sure to share!
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2009
    These are great Julie! Looks like she's having a blast at Grandma's :D
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    These are great Julie! Looks like she's having a blast at Grandma's :D
    15524779-Ti.gif - Love #2 and #5. The suggestion for a pano crop on #5 I think is a good one - FWIW.
    Swartzy wrote:
    A side note:....especially Jeff....when using a new camera, make sure to take the lens cap off mwink.gif
    I guess I'm missing something here. Inside joke maybe?
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    Awww, these are SO adorable, Julie!!! I really like the conversion too ... The last one is just too cute!!! iloveyou.gif ... Did you get one of your daughter cuddled up in bed and grandma reading a book? that would have been really cute too iloveyou.gif
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    15524779-Ti.gif - Love #2 and #5. The suggestion for a pano crop on #5 I think is a good one - FWIW.

I guess I'm missing something here. Inside joke maybe?

Oops...sorry....was meaning to reply on a totally different forum as I have a good friend that just bought the 5D MKII eek7.gif. He usually takes a black frame between set ups w/the lens cap on.

Ok, back to Julie's thread thumb.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    Oops...sorry....was meaning to reply on a totally different forum as I have a good friend that just bought the 5D MKII eek7.gif. He usually takes a black frame between set ups w/the lens cap on.

Ok, back to Julie's thread thumb.gif

I got my D90!!! And there was a 50mm 1.4 in the box too. I have a really great friend!! She is the best. Watch for candid pics tonightwings.gif