Options

How we spent winterbreak 2008

Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
edited January 8, 2009 in Journeys
Hi Everyone,

Not really a journey per say...

Right after Christmas we left the snow here in the Portland, OR area to spend a week in Hood River to be a little closer to Mt. Hood. Our kids typically spend that week training with their ski race teams so it is nice to get a little closer...

Here is a series of photos from that week...

#1 Christmas Village on our fireplace mantel. Took this before we left for Hood River. I just sort of like the feel of this one...Our mantel is about 10" wide and I placed the camera on one end and shot down the mantel. I was experimenting with a Nikkor 35-70 f2.8 lens my brother handed down to me. I like it so far.
450524235_jfrub-L.jpg

#2 This is what we left so we could go skiing!
450524174_bcGom-L.jpg

#3 From the Christine Cato Memorial Race at Timberline. This is a fun, wacky way to start off the High School race season. My oldest son's team dressed as the bananas. He is in the start tent.
450527615_j4YCg-L.jpg

#4 How we passed the time in the evening...
450524279_ckrtk-L.jpg

#5 And this is who usually won!
450524318_ZG6nm-L.jpg

#6 When not cornering the real estate market, a lot of time was spent this way...
450524406_UdcX7-L.jpg

#7 Experimented with a spiral staircase in the house. Could never figure out how to pose 4 on the tight spiral and shoot down from the loft. Here's one attempt...I think for this one I should have shot on the diagonal.
450524476_SzEcR-L.jpg

#8 I like it with just the oldest three...
450524441_UUZSz-L.jpg

All in all, 5 days of skiing, 7 games of monopoly, 22 games of speed scrabble, and enough snow, ice, rain, and wind to last the entire season!

Thanks for looking.
Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
www.mikejulianaphotography.com
Facebook

Comments

• Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    Looks like fun! I like the village shot...cozy and warm and full of the holidays. It's great to see snow shots of Portland, since we missed the big stuff by (barely) escaping to Anchorage. "The bananas" are a hoot! Happy New Year!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Hi Elaine,

It as been a wacky three weeks of weather! I like the village shot as well. I took several playing with that Nikkor 35-70 just to see what it could do.

Stay dry over the next couple of days!
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook