Just like us dgrinners :-)

SusanBSusanB Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
edited May 18, 2005 in People
I could not help but think of us here at dgrin when I looked at these folks at Death Valley composing and photographing away.

22387390-L.jpg

Susan

Comments

• jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,009 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2005
    I hope he has a lens bigger than the car :D really a nice shot with thumb.gifthumb.gif comp very good capture --mug worthy clap.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 18, 2005
    cool shot Susan. I love how our mountain ranges sometimes appear 2 dimensional in certain light. I've seen some pretty incredible painted and printed backdrops in movie soundstages and this photo could almost fool you to think it was in a studio because of the lighting. Nice. thumb.gif
  • SusanBSusanB Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2005
    jwear wrote:
    I hope he has a lens bigger than the car :D really a nice shot with thumb.gifthumb.gif comp very good capture --mug worthy clap.gif
    Thanks Jeff,

There is somethng about that car that is so cute :): .

Susan
    edited May 18, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    cool shot Susan. I love how our mountain ranges sometimes appear 2 dimensional in certain light. I've seen some pretty incredible painted and printed backdrops in movie soundstages and this photo could almost fool you to think it was in a studio because of the lighting. Nice. thumb.gif
    Thanks Angelo,

I love candids and this was perfect as I was in my car on the roadside opposite them, just after returning from the trek to the dunes that are in the distance. The sun was setting and the wind was kicking up the sand on the dunes, both factors contributing to the lighting effect that you have so aptly noticed. I think that this might make a cute car commercial for that little car showing how it goes and goes all over America.

Susan
  • dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2005
    I love the photo susan if only they had been driving a porche. I have a personal beef with Ford Festiva's. Hate them little things wanna see them all burn.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 18, 2005
    SusanB wrote:
    Thanks Angelo,

I love candids and this was perfect as I was in my car on the roadside opposite them, just after returning from the trek to the dunes that are in the distance. The sun was setting and the wind was kicking up the sand on the dunes, both factors contributing to the lighting effect that you have so aptly noticed. I think that this might make a cute car commercial for that little car showing how it goes and goes all over America.

Susan
    exactly!!! you know how to clone out the woman on the right?
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2005
    Good gosh, Susan, that is a cool shot!

Was there alot of post, or did it come out looking like that? Fantastic saturation. Looks like Edward Hopper Color, but not the Edward Hopper look.

Great shot. (looks too fake rolleyes1.gif to be a backdrop. Now that is weird.:D )

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
    edited May 18, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    exactly!!! you know how to clone out the woman on the right?
    Angelo,

I could give it a try. I'm pretty basic in PS. Do you think that Ford would be interested in this image? eek7.gif I'm competely in the woods on the subject of ad work. Thanks for your encouragement, I'm flattered. :):

Susan
    edited May 18, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Good gosh, Susan, that is a cool shot!

Was there alot of post, or did it come out looking like that? Fantastic saturation. Looks like Edward Hopper Color, but not the Edward Hopper look.

Great shot. (looks too fake rolleyes1.gif to be a backdrop. Now that is weird.:D )

ginger
    Thanks Ginger:D

I didn't do a whole lot except the usual levels, usm, a bit of a crop for the panorama look and some slight dodge and burn of the clouds, dust and mountains. I am not familiar with Edward Hopper because I'm woefully ignorant of a lot of hip photography stuff :cry Thanks for your encouraging comments. I need to go learn about Edward Hopper now.:):

Susan
    edited May 18, 2005
    I love the photo susan if only they had been driving a porche. I have a personal beef with Ford Festiva's. Hate them little things wanna see them all burn.
    rolleyes1.gif

Thanks Dragon :D

Susan