Options

update for d70

jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,006 Major grins
edited May 22, 2005 in Cameras
the update is in http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin/nikonusa.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=13580&p_created=1116261036&p_sid=RNmqNIFh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD04JnBfcHJvZHM9MTksNTYmcF9jYXRzPTE4NiZwX3B2PTIuNTYmcF9jdj0xLjE4NiZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1 I hope this works but just go to d70 at nikon site and it will take you to update with easy to use instrutions .even I did it myself:huh use rainforest link works great:thumb
Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2005
    You're link got lost during the post. You can get the update here.

Have fun folks! Still hoping for a F717 update to uncripple the nightshot. rolleyes1.gif
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2005
    jwear, I moved this to the camera forum.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2005
    Yep... found it! Thanks for keeping us apprised jwear.
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    jwear, I moved this to the camera forum.
    thanks
    Jeff W

• Options
    Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2005
    Awesome, thanks Jwear, I like the new grey and yellow menu colors! Very Nikon.

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
    Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2005
    Lucky Hack wrote:
    Awesome, thanks Jwear, I like the new grey and yellow menu colors! Very Nikon.

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
    a lot easier to read don't you think eek7.gif and I shot some indoor at the church sing tonight and the focus may be a little better ne_nau.gif
    Jeff W

• Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2005
    I was gonna wait and see if anyone had any issue till Lucky mentioned the color change. Well I had to see for myself. Yea... much easier to read IMPO.

jwear... what aspect of the focus do you feel is improved? Faster? Sharper? What?
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2005
    I liked the old colors, but I like the first menu that breaks the rest into 4 sections.
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2005
    Of course the AF can't actually move faster than it used to, however theoretically with mere software (firmware) fine tuning, the AF can be more precise / accurate, (sharper) and know more about where to focus / when to stop. (faster). However, if you'll read what the upgrade states, it says AF has been improved in "Dynamic" and "closest subject" modes. To me this could mean that AF isn't actually faster or sharper, but it's just smarter about when to switch AF points (if nobody noticed, "dynamic" AF pretty much didn't work AT ALL) or in the case of "closes subject", AF might simply be able to better gauge what the "close subject" is. So in my opinion this upgrade does not imply faster / sharper focusing...

I just got my D70 back from being cleaned and serviced (it's 1 year anneversary, 30,000-frame present from me!) and I've got 1.0.3 in it. I'm just pleased to be able to shoot while tethered to my computer!!!

I was previously under the impression that to install firmware upgrades, I had to have Capture. Now that I read the instructions closer, this doesn't seem to be true!

-Matt-

*installs 2.00*
    HEY!!!! NO MORE TETHERED SHOOTING!

Okay maybe this was just a wild fluke thing. How come, with firmware A set to 1.0.1 and B set to 1.0.3, I was able to shoot while plugged into the computer? Was this impossible for anyone / everyone else with this firmware configuration? Or was my D70 just playing with me?

*switches USB back to P*
    Okay there we go. That scared me there for a second. False alarm everyone! D70 aka "weapon" and I are back in love...
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2005
    Of course the AF can't actually move faster than it used to, however theoretically with mere software (firmware) fine tuning, the AF can be more precise / accurate, (sharper) and know more about where to focus / when to stop. (faster). However, if you'll read what the upgrade states, it says AF has been improved in "Dynamic" and "closest subject" modes. To me this could mean that AF isn't actually faster or sharper, but it's just smarter about when to switch AF points (if nobody noticed, "dynamic" AF pretty much didn't work AT ALL) or in the case of "closes subject", AF might simply be able to better gauge what the "close subject" is. So in my opinion this upgrade does not imply faster / sharper focusing...

I just got my D70 back from being cleaned and serviced (it's 1 year anneversary, 30,000-frame present from me!) and I've got 1.0.3 in it. I'm just pleased to be able to shoot while tethered to my computer!!!

I was previously under the impression that to install firmware upgrades, I had to have Capture. Now that I read the instructions closer, this doesn't seem to be true!

-Matt-

*installs 2.00*
    HEY!!!! NO MORE TETHERED SHOOTING!

Okay maybe this was just a wild fluke thing. How come, with firmware A set to 1.0.1 and B set to 1.0.3, I was able to shoot while plugged into the computer? Was this impossible for anyone / everyone else with this firmware configuration? Or was my D70 just playing with me?

*switches USB back to P*
    Okay there we go. That scared me there for a second. False alarm everyone! D70 aka "weapon" and I are back in love...
    that is well said on focus and you can do it on your own as you now know the directions are very easy to follow and DO FOLLOW THEM .ref:wild fluke some one if you had it at nikon did not do the update right ----it is a 2 step deal important 2 steps a then b or b then a but only one at a time thumb.gif I have been trying bif way to much to see if focus is improved but my bif ain't no better rolleyes1.gif and they said it was easy headscratch.gif
    Jeff W