Introducing Myself

ceemitchceemitch Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited January 8, 2009 in People
Hi, I just signed up for a pro account and am trying to learn the ropes here. I'm not ready to sell yet but want to get ready. I must say that this is a really decent group here. I've seen some great photography and I'm liking the SmugMug tools. I like taking portraits and urban scenes. I'll be working on both in 2009. Here are a couple of samples of my work (I hope I do this right).

449777168_5APDh-M-1.jpg
My grandson

445173716_ZKxYb-M-2.jpg
From a tattoo shoot

449760940_CDdrD-M.jpg
Street photography

That's all folks!
I shoot with: Canon Digital Rebel XTi | 18-55mm | 50mm 1.4 | EF 70-200mm f/2.8
I process with: Adobe Lightroom 2.0 | Adobe Elements 5

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    Hey!!!!

Welcome to Dgrin!!!:D

That shot of your grandson relly looks as if you captured his personality. It appears he is "trying" to look tough, but the childish....innocent grin and eyes give him away.

Excellent!!!:D
  • CostanzoCostanzo Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Welcome
    Nice images. My favorite is your b&w. I started out with the Rebel XT, and did well with it. My daughter has taken that over now. I moved up to the Canon 40D with a battery grip, fills my hand a little better. Atleast you figured out how to put more than one image on a post. I am very new(two days ago) to posting images on Dgrin, but I have had a pro account for almost a year now WWW.canditophotography.smugmug.com I have only sold a handful of prints so far. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. If you can I would appreciate the answer to posting multiple images.

Welcome to Dgrin! And Thank You
    "More Questions than Answers":D

My Gear:

Two Canon 40D/with battery grips
    580EX, 580EX II, Canon 70-200L 2.8 IS, Canon 17-55 2.8 IS, Canon 10-22, Canon 100 2.8 Macro, Canon 50 II 1.8, 2-Alien Bee 800, Pocket Wizards, Seconic 558R, Bags, Backpack, Stands and backdrops. Just added Canon 24-70L 2.8 lens.
  • ceemitchceemitch Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Costanzo wrote:
    If you can I would appreciate the answer to posting multiple images.

1. Go to your SmugMug account and select the picture you want to insert.
    2. Above that picture you'll see a "Share" button. Click that.
    3. Just click the the link for the size picture you want to post. I selected the "Medium" size picture.
    4. Come back to DGrin and in the message editor, click the "Insert Image" icon on the toolbar (the yellow icon with the mountain).
    5. Paste the link from the SmugMug image into the dialog box
    6. Do this for as many images as you want to post.

It helps to have tabbled browsing so you can switch back and forth between your SmugMug account and the DGrin editor

Hope this helps.
    Christine
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    wave.gif - welcome to the family! (both of you!!)
    Costanzo wrote:
    If you can I would appreciate the answer to posting multiple images.
    Another way and one I use most often ('cause I'm a geek!:D):
    • Open a text editor - I use Notepad
    • Write the text of your post
    • Enter the string "[*img][*/img]" (with out the "*" characters - they are there to endure you see the code and to keep the parser from trying to insert a photo) in the places in your post where you want your photos.
    • Using Steps 1 - 3 suggest by Christine, get a URL copied into your clipboard
    • Paste the URL between the "][" characters
    • Copy the text from your Notepad buffer into a posting window, click the "Preview Post" button to make sure it's what you intended, edit as needed, then click the "Submit Reply" button.
    Now then, back to the OP :D
    Like Jeff, I like the first one and for all same reasons. Would love to have seen more seperation between the unitard and the background in #2. #3 isn't doing anything for me - but that's most likely a failing on my part rather than on the part of the photograph.
  • CostanzoCostanzo Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Thank You, Christine & Scott for the answers. I did use the thread search, and found out some things, from Sam and others, on this subject. I will get brave and try one of the more techie methods.

Thanks, Rob
    "More Questions than Answers":D

My Gear:

Two Canon 40D/with battery grips
    580EX, 580EX II, Canon 70-200L 2.8 IS, Canon 17-55 2.8 IS, Canon 10-22, Canon 100 2.8 Macro, Canon 50 II 1.8, 2-Alien Bee 800, Pocket Wizards, Seconic 558R, Bags, Backpack, Stands and backdrops. Just added Canon 24-70L 2.8 lens.
  • ceemitchceemitch Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Thanks for your comments everyone

Would love to have seen more seperation between the unitard and the background in #2. #3 isn't doing anything for me - but that's most likely a failing on my part rather than on the part of the photograph.

Thanks for your comments. I'll play around with #2. I'm definitley in a dark background "stage." Maybe I'm going too dark...As for #3, I just really love this pic. I guess you either like it or not, same as everything else. Seems very noir to me.

Thanks again everyone. thumb.gif