I sold a picture for a Magazine, Thank you!!

David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
edited January 9, 2009 in Sports
This past week I received and email asking if I had some pictures for a magazine here in Orlando. I had seen the editor at several Varsity playoff games and then at a youth ice hockey game. Talked on and off and he contacted me for a picture for a story on the family. Below is the picture, it is simple, portrait, not a lot of clutter in the background. It will of course be cropped tighter but I it really understood a lot of what some of the pros have been explaining on the board by what picture they chose. I will get paid and a credit on the photo. I am really excited, this picture is supposed to be in the February issue of Orlando Magazine as part of a bigger story.

449651910_FXTAC-L-1.jpg

The funny part is, he is the Freshman team Quarterback, his Brother is Varsity QB and the story is about the family, his dad being a QB and the football family. I mentioned I had taken every Freshman and JV game this year to the editor and he found me for the pic.

One last Irony. This is the first game I took with my new 50D. The first one I ordered was DOA got another one and had no time but just grab the batteries plug them in and have fun. I told my wife I was
fumlbing at this game but they should be great pictures..

Thanks so much to everyone who contributes to this forum!! I really does help and is greatly appreciated!!

David Evertsen
www.phabulousphotos.com

Comments

• Matt336Matt336 Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Awesome. I'm glad to hear you are getting paid and getting exposure in a magazine. I'd straighten the the photo before you send it to them though, it looks like the field is leaning to the left. Again, Congrats!clap.gif
  • ScottoScotto Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    CONGRATULATIONS clap.gif

It's a great feeling receiving one of 'those calls'
    My SmugMug | Follow me on Twitter | iChat: ScottMacUser
  • JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Congratulations David. Do you shoot for Boone High? I just did some of their basketball teams over the holidays. I mostly shoot for Freedom but catch some of the other schools in Orange County as well. I like Boone, they are good kids. I will be looking for your photo in the magazine when it comes out. It is good magazine and should give you some great exposure.

Dave
  • SharkShark Registered Users Posts: 282 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Great
    Congratulations. It's always cool when something we love doing, at times, actually pays us money.
    "12 significant photographs in any one year is a good crop".
    Ansel Adams

www.pbs131.smugmug.com
  • David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    JESTER wrote:
    Congratulations David. Do you shoot for Boone High? I just did some of their basketball teams over the holidays. I mostly shoot for Freedom but catch some of the other schools in Orange County as well. I like Boone, they are good kids. I will be looking for your photo in the magazine when it comes out. It is good magazine and should give you some great exposure.

Dave

Yes, I shoot for Boone, The AD has been awesome with allowing me to shoot. Did you shoot at the Boone @Freedom JV/Freshman games? It was one of the coldest days of the year that day, after two
    games I was frozen. Hope to see you soon.

David Evertsen
    www.phabulousphotos.com
  • JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    No I didn't go out for that one. I try to pick the nicer days to do the shooting. The AD and Asst AD at Freedom are awesome also. We will have to get together someday and compare notes.
  • johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Congratulations!
  • David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    JESTER wrote:
    No I didn't go out for that one. I try to pick the nicer days to do the shooting. The AD and Asst AD at Freedom are awesome also. We will have to get together someday and compare notes.

I am looking at doing some Boone LAX so I am planing to do the Freedom games since it is close to my end of town..Maybe you will see me there I always have a 45 hat on..
  • stevehappstevehapp Registered Users Posts: 635 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    well done and congratulations!

thumb.gif
    Canon 40D, 50mm f/1.8, 400mm f/5.6L, sigma 105mm Macro.
    Blog + Twitter
  • Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    Congrats on the sale. A great contact also thumb.gif
    Steve

Website