Nikon D700..... Where's the Drivers ?

kennutskennuts Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
edited January 8, 2009 in Cameras
I recently aquired the D700.. a nice peice !! Took some shots and then proceeded to transfer them to my PC.. so I thought. For some reason Windows can't find any Drivers for the D700 :dunno :scratch . Did anyone else experience this ?.... if so tell me please so I can get my images outa there :help . Thanks
K P Steib Photography
Nikon D50, D300, D700, D4, Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 VR, Nikor TC-20E II 2x, Nikkor TC-1.4, Nikkor 300mm f2.8 GII, Nikkor 18-55mm 3.5-5.6G, Nikon MB-D10 BP, Nikon SB-600 AF SL, Slick MP, Manfrotto 468MGRC2 Ballhead w/680B Mono

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,082 moderator
    edited January 8, 2009
    kennuts wrote:
    I recently aquired the D700.. a nice peice !! Took some shots and then proceeded to transfer them to my PC.. so I thought. For some reason Windows can't find any Drivers for the D700 ne_nau.gifheadscratch.gif . Did anyone else experience this ?.... if so tell me please so I can get my images outa there :help . Thanks

The drivers should have been included on a disk in your original packaging.

Always
    install drivers first before plugging in any device into the computer unless you know the device specifically uses common/generic mass storage drivers built into the system. You can mess up your system otherwise.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,082 moderator
    edited January 8, 2009
    My personal preference is to use a card reader to offload the images from the card. This saves some electronic wear and tear on the camera. Every time you power an electronic device it stresses the device, and it is much more preferable to stress a cheap card reader.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • kennutskennuts Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    ziggy53 wrote:
    The drivers should have been included on a disk in your original packaging.

Always install drivers first before plugging in any device into the computer unless you know the device specifically uses common/generic mass storage drivers built into the system. You can mess up your system otherwise.

Did that Ziggy............ ne_nau.gif !! I had the software that came with my D300 when I aquired it several months ago in my system !! To be on the safe side I installed the software that came with the D700.... I was prompted that an earlier version of software was found and if I wanted to update.... I did !! I then went to trans the images.... after firing up the D700 the install wiz stepped in wanting to install new hardware.... bim, bam boom.... no drivers found !! :cry headscratch.gif !!
    K P Steib Photography
    Nikon D50, D300, D700, D4, Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 VR, Nikor TC-20E II 2x, Nikkor TC-1.4, Nikkor 300mm f2.8 GII, Nikkor 18-55mm 3.5-5.6G, Nikon MB-D10 BP, Nikon SB-600 AF SL, Slick MP, Manfrotto 468MGRC2 Ballhead w/680B Mono
  • kennutskennuts Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    kennuts wrote:
    Did that Ziggy............ ne_nau.gif !! I had the software that came with my D300 when I aquired it several months ago in my system !! To be on the safe side I installed the software that came with the D700.... I was prompted that an earlier version of software was found and if I wanted to update.... I did !! I then went to trans the images.... after firing up the D700 the install wiz stepped in wanting to install new hardware.... bim, bam boom.... no drivers found !! :cry headscratch.gif !!

Got it...... problem solved:ivar .... I'm still utilizing Windows 2000 Pro... and that's a no no with the D700.... Windows XP or Vista is required !!! Works fine on the wife's laptop w/Vista !! Thanks anyway !! Will look into the Card Reader also !! Thanks !!
    K P Steib Photography