Options

Wedding Photographer required

ScottoScotto Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
edited January 11, 2009 in Weddings
Can't do it myself as I am going to be the best-man :clap

The bride and groom (close friends) are looking for a contemporary wedding photographer who is available Sept 2010 (i know its a while yet). If possible the final processed photographs would be supplied to the b&g on a DVD so we could organize an album.

The job would suit someone who is based central / north west UK
My SmugMug | Follow me on Twitter | iChat: ScottMacUser

Comments

• Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Does coming from "New England" count??? mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Does coming from "New England" count??? mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif

If they book you....Id like to be on board as your assistant. I promise to keep all the batteries charged and won't let the gear outta my sight!...or....I can bring a camera as well and shoot whatever I'm assigned....and promise....well....will at least try to behave.

ne_nau.gif

Im almost positive I have nothing else planned on that day.
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    If they book you....Id like to be on board as your assistant. I promise to keep all the batteries charged and won't let the gear outta my sight!...or....I can bring a camera as well and shoot whatever I'm assigned....and promise....well....will at least try to behave.

ne_nau.gif

rolleyes1.gif You mean, I would be YOUR assistant, and probably holding all the light's you are carrying!! Haha ....
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    rolleyes1.gif That's England as in the United Kingdom.

but thanks for the offer :D
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    Scotto wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif That's England as in the United Kingdom.

but thanks for the offer :D

I know, just trying to help out! ne_nau.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    I have a plan...How'z about the 3 of us make travel arrangements and shoot the daylights out of this wedding...what a blast that would be !
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    I have a plan...How'z about the 3 of us make travel arrangements and shoot the daylights out of this wedding...what a blast that would be !

Just 3? I always wanted to go to Europe too.ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    Thanks for the replies folks..

quick update, I have just come off the phone with the bride to be and flying someone from over seas is a consideration.

Someone has already PM'ed me with a serious offer and the bride is currently doing the math on the cost of things.

So, flying someone over is a possibility, if you are serious can you please PM me with an offer and I will pass on the details to the bride and groom tomorrow night and let them view the relevant websites.

Hell, I'll even taken you to the local fish & chip shop and down the local pub rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    Scotto wrote:
    Thanks for the replies folks..

quick update, I have just come off the phone with the bride to be and flying someone from over seas is a consideration.

Someone has already PM'ed me with a serious offer and the bride is currently doing the math on the cost of things.

So, flying someone over is a possibility, if you are serious can you please PM me with an offer and I will pass on the details to the bride and groom tomorrow night and let them view the relevant websites.

Hell, I'll even taken you to the local fish & chip shop and down the local pub rolleyes1.gif

Fish & chip? Yummi!!! But you need to promise, you won't serve the English breakfast sausage!!! Haha!!! (sorry, NOT a big fan of it, - and I was in Poland and definitely have the meat gene in me!) rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Destination Weddings and A Passport too
    I have done destination wedding work, have a passport and speak the language.

I have even had Toad in the Hole and bubble and squeek.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,830 moderator
    edited January 8, 2009
    ChatKat wrote:
    I have done destination wedding work, have a passport and speak the language.

rolleyes1.gifrofl
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    ChatKat wrote:
    I have even had Toad in the Hole and bubble and squeek.

Well you are one up on me! (What in the world?)
  • Options
    TPBinKCTPBinKC Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Has there ever been a wedding where the photographers outnumbered everyone else at the wedding? Might be a first!!!mwink.gifrofl

Could I be 17th shooter? I would get great images of the photographers, (I would not be able to see anyone else).
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Well you are one up on me! (What in the world?)

Bwahahahahahah. S'ok. I speak Brit (having spent over half my life in the UK, hence my inconsistent spelling and imperial vs metric usage)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_and_Squeak (which I personally can't STAND, but hey - to each his own!)
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    TPBinKC wrote:
    Has there ever been a wedding where the photographers outnumbered everyone else at the wedding? Might be a first!!!mwink.gifrofl

Could I be 17th shooter? I would get great images of the photographers, (I would not be able to see anyone else).

Ok, this may take the prize for 2009's best post to date :lol
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    TPBinKC wrote:

Hey, you're all invited

After all I am the Best-Man I can invite whom ever I want :D
  • Options
    sherijohnsonsherijohnson Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Scotto..... you are so "well-connected" here, you can have the finest in the world and then some. I can't wait to see how this turns out.:D
    Sheri Johnson
    Atlanta, GA USA
    my smugmug
    Atlanta Modern Wedding Photographer
    SheriJohnsonPhotography.com
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    Well
    Have none of you had Toad in the Hole then? ne_nau.gif

Actually, I do prefer Fish and Chips of course but the warm beer is another story.

In anycase, I love England and I travel and shoot. Last year I did a wedding in Washington State because of a Dgrin thread. September should be a great time to be there. Only 21 months to plan it!
    Kathy Rappaport
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    ChatKat wrote:
    Have none of you had Toad in the Hole then? ne_nau.gif

Actually, I do prefer Fish and Chips of course but the warm beer is another story.

In anycase, I love England and I travel and shoot. Last year I did a wedding in Washington State because of a Dgrin thread. September should be a great time to be there. Only 21 months to plan it!

I am guessing: like our version of a hole in one? bread, hole cut into it with an egg cooked in the hole? And is the squeak stuff just like hash or a skillet meal?
  • Options
    TPBinKCTPBinKC Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Ok, this may take the prize for 2009's best post to date :lol

I wouldn't go that far... mwink.gif

Maybe the wedding could be the next Dgrin Shootout/Workshop. Take 60 Wedding Photographers and do a couple weddings... rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2009
    I am guessing: like our version of a hole in one? bread, hole cut into it with an egg cooked in the hole? And is the squeak stuff just like hash or a skillet meal?

Add Bangers and Mash to the mix...
    Kathy Rappaport
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    That would be super cool if someone from dgrin flew over and photographed this.

In my summers working at a handicapped children's camp back in high school I used to work with lots of people who had come from England. I still remember some of the slang.

It's bloody exciting! ^_^;
  • Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    Bubble and squeak,sausage rolls, saveloys, chicken and mushroom pies, steak and kidney pudding...Oooo the memories! I'd come just for the food...
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    Was back there in the early 80's. Not only would the wedding be cool but think of all the landscapes....whoohooo! Shot in 1980 something with the AE-1 (not program) :D

172823801_BM5vM-L.jpg

110196425_NHojx-L.jpg
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2009
    Thanks for the Private Messages regarding this..

The b&g visited us last night and are now browsing over the the websites etc.

So, if you fancy a free ticket to the UK to shoot this please send me over your website address and I will pass on the details. Also, if it is not shown on your site can you also PM me your phone number incase the bride would like to chat direct with you.

Once again, thanks for the replies and believe me most of the UK food isin't that disgusting :D
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2009
    Scotto wrote:
    Once again, thanks for the replies and believe me most of the UK food isin't that disgusting :D

If you're near enough Manchester, may I highly recommend Shere Khan in Rusholme:eat?! ::drool::
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    If you're near enough Manchester, may I highly recommend Shere Khan in Rusholme:eat?! ::drool::

I'm about 35 miles south of Manchester :cry
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2009
    Scotto wrote:
    I'm about 35 miles south of Manchester :cry

Well, if you're up there, remember the name - it is possibly my favorite curry house of all time (the karahis are particularly good).

If you're near Stoke on Trent there's a great curry house there too (Balti house) but I can't remember its name (and I'm several years gone now so perhaps it's not even there any more). But it was fantastic! They did the BEST peshwari naan I've ever had anywhere :)

(whoops - thread hijack - sorry! And now of course I'm wishing I was a wedding photographer so I could join in the bidding fun, but as A. N. Other Just Learning Amateur I am TOTALLY out of this game except as an interested bystander!! nod.gif)
  • Options
    FedererPhotoFedererPhoto Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:

I just had a client asked about a date in the end of 2010... I was like "I have one booking for 2010, I'm sure it's going to be open"

It wasn't.

Strange how life likes to pile things up all on the same few days.
    Minneapolis Minnesota Wedding Photographer - Check out my Personal Photography site and Professional Photography Blog
    Here is a wedding website I created for a customer as a value-add. Comments appreciated.
    Founding member of The Professional Photography Forum as well.