Pictures of a fellow photographer

GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
edited January 8, 2009 in People
Hi!

I got hired to take pictures of another photographer and her family. While I was talking to her, she mentioned another photographer had taken pictures of her and her family. When I asked her how she liked it, she answered " they were ok... but I could have done that and better" man.. of course you could have.. you are a photographer.. so here I am feeling a little pressured about this photo session.

She is hiring me because she has no pictures of herself with her children. I have actually not seen her work yet, but asked her to show me some prints.

I am going to qualify her a lot and make sure I understand what kind of shots she is looking for. But it could be that as much as I tried... she may say to someone else " I could have done that!" :huh

Thanks for reading :)

GG

Comments

• theNOIZtheNOIZ Registered Users Posts: 272 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Do Better? How?
    GemGem wrote:
    I am going to qualify her a lot and make sure I understand what kind of shots she is looking for. But it could be that as much as I tried... she may say to someone else " I could have done that!" eek7.gif
    GG,

I think at some point we all have those occasions when we see someone's work and think we could have done better. As photographers, we have a built-in critiquing eye.

Can you ask to see the photos the other photographer took and ask her what she would do to change them?

Probably the most important thing to do is listen to how she wants her photos done, smile and be polite. You'll do your best for her.

Good luck.
  • GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    theNOIZ wrote:
    GG,

Thanks theNOIZ. I have a meeting with her to go over what she would like her session to be like and to view some of her work and the other photographer's. I bet I will feel more comfortable after either to go on with the session or to pass on it, if I think I can't do what she is asking me to do.. She is has 5yrs of experience ahead of me. bowdown.gif