Family self-portrait

ddkphotosddkphotos Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
edited January 12, 2009 in People
Wouldn't mind some feedback. It's challenging being in the photo and taking the pic at the same time! Can't really tell what everyone is up to and if we're looking good. Time is limited of course because my boys hate having their pic taken! This was the best out of 20!
Thanks!
Diane

Canon Rebel XTI, Tamron 28-75 2.8 -

Comments

• MrsCueMrsCue Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Nice SP Diane. SP's aren't easy to do let alone with your family to co operate too!
    Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, 50mm 1.8 MKII prime lens, 17-40mm f/4 L lens, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, 430 EX speedlite, Tungsten Continuous studio light, Pocket Wizards, Gary Fong Lightsphere, Stofen Omni bounce diffuser, 5in1 reflector

• ddkphotosddkphotos Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    thanks Mrs. Cue!!
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Nice! SP are super hard! Not a bad job of it either!

My 5 year old is dying to know the name of your puppy. We have a little white poodle just that same size, named Lucy.
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    A SP with a dog in it? How did you manage that? You got a good pose of the people plus the dog was cooperating! Great expressions all around.:D

It has been a while since I calibrated my monitor but am I seeing a slight yellow cast? Is anyone else seeing that? I really notice on the neck on the far left.
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
    edited January 9, 2009
    thanks for taking the time! I actually thought it looked a tad green under my son's neck...
    Our puppy is Tommy - he's going on 12 years old. I had hubby and my son set up with Tommy on lap - and used my wireless remote (only had to get up a couple of times to make sure we were all in the frame!
    Here are a couple of the funnier bloopers:

http://ddkphotos.smugmug.com/gallery/6953717_rRR7y/1
    edited January 9, 2009
    oops - meant to say under my son's chin!
    ddkphotos wrote:
    thanks for taking the time! I actually thought it looked a tad green under my son's neck...
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    ddkphotos wrote:
    Our puppy is Tommy - he's going on 12 years old. I had hubby and my son set up with Tommy on lap - and used my wireless remote (only had to get up a couple of times to make sure we were all in the frame!
    Here are a couple of the funnier bloopers:

http://ddkphotos.smugmug.com/gallery/6953717_rRR7y/1

I do see the tint of green as well as the yellow. Love the bloopers. Looks like you had a good time doing this session.
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    Try to move further from the background and add a background lite or a kicker coming in from behind at a 45 degree angle to give the group separation. In posing try to form some sort of a triangel with the heads to present a more pleasing formation and have a little separation between subjects. To me they look alittle crowded. Great job with glass glare, that is always a nightmare.
    edited January 12, 2009
    thanks so much for your feedback.
    We might look squished because we are! The tripod is hitting one wall - the background is hitting the other - and we're squished together because not only do we love each other lol! but my room is tiny and I didn't want to deal with the sides of the background showing on the side...
    Thanks again!