Family - Processing Comments

Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
edited January 9, 2009 in People
Hi. I was working on trying different processing and I like the effect here.

I already have a list of technical flaws with the photo itself, but would like to hear comments about the processing that I've done and maybe could hear your criticisms on the photo itself and see if you notice more things wrong than I did.

451220028_YEpA3-L.jpg

Thanks
ann

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    I am liking the processing.....though it appears to have induced some graininess. I think the most glaring boo-boo is the cropped off feet. Good looking bunch of kids.
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    I am liking the processing.....though it appears to have induced some graininess. I think the most glaring boo-boo is the cropped off feet. Good looking bunch of kids.

I *hate* the cut off feet, but mom doesn't mind.

I *like* the graininess - this is a pretty high ISO shot, so the processing is accentuating the grain that was there, but I like it here. ne_nau.gif

I had to move the girls face from a different shot, didn't get it right first try, but think I have it now.
  • scottVscottV Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    the processing give it nice depth. i like some graininess but the pink on the legs is a bit distracting.
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    The grain/noise isn't really an awful thing with this type of retro-ish processing.

Have you considered a 3/4 length crop. It would be an odd size for a print, but...

i dunno...just thinking out loud!!rolleyes1.gif
    edited January 9, 2009
    f00sion wrote:
    the processing give it nice depth. i like some graininess but the pink on the legs is a bit distracting.

Depth - thanks, I couldn't come up with the right descriptor!

I wonder if I can tone the pink down somewhat - will try.
    Thanks
    ann
    edited January 9, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    The grain/noise isn't really an awful thing with this type of retro-ish processing.

Have you considered a 3/4 length crop. It would be an odd size for a print, but...

i dunno...just thinking out loud!!rolleyes1.gif

Neat idea, Jeff. I will play with the crop. The mom really likes this shot, but will probably order the more conventional pose of them as a larger print, and this one smaller for her kitchen or family room. I don't want this one big without feet! rolleyes1.gif