2008 "Big Shot" Lansing Community College, Digital Imaging Technology Section

CostanzoCostanzo Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited January 9, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
This is a painting with light exercise, that I and about 40 other students and instructors did this late fall. We used our flashes handheld, as we kept moving about the yard of the "Turner Dodge Home". It is a historical sight in Lansing Michigan, about 4 miles from the college. Dont know the history of the home, but my instructor for this class went to school at RIT(Rochester Institute of Tech.) And they do a big shot type of thing each year. Taking on a large subject each time. Instructor wanted to start a yearly event. If you look really hard on far right of image, you can start to see a little ghosting of people that stayed in one area too long. Was about a 2min exposure, at f/10 ISO 100, if I'm not mistaken. It was fun, we got out of the class room for awhile, and learned some new techniques.

Rob C.
"More Questions than Answers":D

My Gear:

Two Canon 40D/with battery grips
580EX, 580EX II, Canon 70-200L 2.8 IS, Canon 17-55 2.8 IS, Canon 10-22, Canon 100 2.8 Macro, Canon 50 II 1.8, 2-Alien Bee 800, Pocket Wizards, Seconic 558R, Bags, Backpack, Stands and backdrops. Just added Canon 24-70L 2.8 lens.

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    Costanzo wrote:
    This is a painting with light exercise, that I and about 40 other students and instructors did this late fall. We used our flashes handheld, as we kept moving about the yard of the "Turner Dodge Home". It is a historical sight in Lansing Michigan, about 4 miles from the college. Dont know the history of the home, but my instructor for this class went to school at RIT(Rochester Institute of Tech.) And they do a big shot type of thing each year. Taking on a large subject each time. Instructor wanted to start a yearly event. If you look really hard on far right of image, you can start to see a little ghosting of people that stayed in one area too long. Was about a 2min exposure, at f/10 ISO 100, if I'm not mistaken. It was fun, we got out of the class room for awhile, and learned some new techniques.

Rob C.

Hi there Rob, that's pretty neat.
    I see the ghosting.... I narrowed my screen to see what this shot would have looked like with a tighter crop.

This shot is time exposed using FLASHES not Flash lights?
    I did read that right didn't I headscratch.gif

You guys all fired off your flashes at the house at the same time,
    or randomly, or was there some order in which you did it?

I like the effect, looks like it's lit up with flood lights thumb.gif

Well done! I like the Building used in the shot too.
    Thanks for sharing clap.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin