new to me

JasonLJasonL Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited January 9, 2009 in Cameras
Hello, I just came across a Rolleiflex DRP DRGM* 1159721.* It has a Carl Zeis Jena Nr. 3300100 Tessar 1:3.5 f = 7.5cm T lens.* It looks to be in new condition, the shutter seems to work good, i tried different settings and seem to work correctly and the focus knob turns freely.* Looking through the top lens, i see a lot of "dirt"*.* i would like to know if this camera is a good model and also is it worth having cleaned up for use.* I am a 35mm and Dslr shooter and know nothing about medium format.* Thanks in advance Jason
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
So many toy's not enough money !

Nikon D300s. Nikon D40, Nikon FE, Nikon F
Ansco Ancoset Rangefinder, Rolleiflex TLR Sb800, sb400

Nikon 18-200 VR, nikon 18-55 II, Sigma 10 20 HSM, 50mm f1.8 ai-s, 50mm Non Ai f1.4

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,082 moderator
    edited January 8, 2009
    Sorry, I can't seem to match the serial number you provided to any known list so I don't know what you really have.

None of the later Rolleis were too bad, but I believe I would recommend the Planar models over the Tessar models.

If you are looking at one of the "common" Rolleiflex "F" series they are pretty easy to find accessories for and that would make it somewhat more practical.

While some dust and dirt in the viewfinder may not mean much it may mean that the camera was used in less than ideal conditions. I would not invest much in the camera unless you intend to be serious about putting money into the camera if necessary.

Do look at KEH.com to gauge relative used prices and values.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • JasonLJasonL Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    new
    This camera looks new. It's been in my parents closet for over 30 years, looks like film never run through it. It was made in 1950, keh has one not in great condition for over 500. So my opinion so far is have it cleaned and adjusted since i payed zero for it. Seem like everything works great on it, just see alot of dust in the top lens. I figure before running film through it have it cleaned up so i don't ruin anything.
    So many toy's not enough money !

Nikon D300s. Nikon D40, Nikon FE, Nikon F
    Ansco Ancoset Rangefinder, Rolleiflex TLR Sb800, sb400

Nikon 18-200 VR, nikon 18-55 II, Sigma 10 20 HSM, 50mm f1.8 ai-s, 50mm Non Ai f1.4
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,082 moderator
    edited January 9, 2009
    JasonL wrote:
    This camera looks new. It's been in my parents closet for over 30 years, looks like film never run through it. It was made in 1950, keh has one not in great condition for over 500. So my opinion so far is have it cleaned and adjusted since i payed zero for it. Seem like everything works great on it, just see alot of dust in the top lens. I figure before running film through it have it cleaned up so i don't ruin anything.

That's a pretty good plan. thumb.gif

Good luck.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums