Flying High

Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
edited January 9, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Just practicing compositing. Still a ways from good. I'm thinking a Wacom tablet may be in order. Anyone using one? I can't decide between the 6x8 and 9x12 Intuos.

451544190_uweTH-L.jpg

451517008_yGbQM-L.jpg

Jack
(My real name is John but Jack'll do)

Comments

• bob swansonbob swanson Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    ne_nau.gif I've had both and the 9x12 went with the X. Even when we were together I preferred the smaller one. I use it only for specific purposes. Mass photo finishing jobs go much faster with one.thumb.gif
    bsvirginian
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    ne_nau.gif I've had both and the 9x12 went with the X. Even when we were together I preferred the smaller one. I use it only for specific purposes. Mass photo finishing jobs go much faster with one.thumb.gif
    bsvirginian

Thanks for the input Bob. I would be using it only for selecting and mask painting. Glad to hear from someone who has used both.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    Don't even think twice about whether or not to get a tablet. Go now! :D Seriously, I don't know how I lived without mine. It takes a few days to get used to it but once you do, you will never look back for performing selective detail tasks. As for the 1st composite... You have a good start with base components. The next step is adding light and shadow to give it depth. Right now it simply looks like 2 independent images laid on top of each other, almost as if each was on tracing paper. For example, the plane in its entirety is much brighter than the background. The eye would expect to see a rim highlight around the plane from the moonlight and the facing side of the plane being in a graduated shadow. You can have fun playing with this one!
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    Hi Jack,

I've got to give you a heap of kudos. You are continually trying new techniques, striving for new and different effects. I really admire that. It makes me realize I need to expand my own photographic horizons.
    Keep it up.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.