409892487_fe62f7b858_o.jpg
913592905_6e40fa839e_o.jpg
3140028457_b3a6d7a395_b.jpg
Cheers
Dan

Comments

• Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    From fantastic model shots to these... give me a break. Replace the Beginner DGrinner with guru. The processing is fantastic on these. Love #3. By the way, it is helpful if you number each of these. It makes it easier to comment on them.

Now I can't wait to see more...
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    These are great ! 4th is Jaw dropper ! eek7.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • cre8tivepixelscre8tivepixels Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    Mike J wrote:
    From fantastic model shots to these... give me a break. Replace the Beginner DGrinner with guru. The processing is fantastic on these. Love #3. By the way, it is helpful if you number each of these. It makes it easier to comment on them.

Now I can't wait to see more...

Hey i have only been shooting for 2 years :)

I guess i am not a beginner but i still think i have much to learn and will never stop learning :)

Dan
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    Great photographs. I think you've done a nice job getting your water mark unobtrusively into each photo. In fact, in #'s 2 & 3 it may even add to the photo. thumb.gif
    Growing with Dgrin

• bob swansonbob swanson Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    thumb.gif Great images. Where were they shot?
    bsvirginian
  • ErbemanErbeman Registered Users Posts: 926 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    leaforte wrote:
    Great photographs. I think you've done a nice job getting your water mark unobtrusively into each photo. In fact, in #'s 2 & 3 it may even add to the photo. thumb.gif

Isn't that actually the opposite of what the purpose of a watermark is? If it's not in the way or can be easily cloned out then there really isn't much use for one.

In my opinion a watermark shouldn't take away from the pic but should also be involved enough in the pic that if someone were to save his picture, they couldn't easily get rid of his watermark then use it for their own use without paying for it. That's just me though.

For the OP, another great post!! Keep em coming.
    Come see my Photos at:
    http://www.RussErbePhotography.com :thumb
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/erbeman

D700, D300, Nikkor 35-70 F/2.8, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8, Nikkor 70-200 AF-S VR F/2.8, Nikkor AF-S 1.7 teleconverter II,(2) Profoto D1 500 Air,SB-900, SB-600, (2)MB-D10, MacBook Pro
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    Wish we had that kind of lightening around here in the Pacific Northwest, but all we get are floods!

The first shot is my favorite, love the orange and the silhouette, they're all good though.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    Fantastic!! You've come much farther along in your first two years than I have. Wow, these are amazing captures of nature. Please please show us more!

Oh yeah, and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    I'm a sucker for lightening shots. We don't get it here, near San Francisco. I like #3. Nice work.
    Rags
  • du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    Awesome.

Where was #4? Nasty looking wall cloud.
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Hey i have only been shooting for 2 years :)

I guess i am not a beginner but i still think i have much to learn and will never stop learning :)

Dan

Great shots. Your website states you have been shooting for nearly 5yrs. ne_nau.gif
  • speedsk8rspeedsk8r Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    very nice looking pics the last is my fav.clap.gif
  • cre8tivepixelscre8tivepixels Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Idlewild wrote:
    Great shots. Your website states you have been shooting for nearly 5yrs. ne_nau.gif

Artisitc licence if i say 2 years i don't get anyone willing to take me on for weddings etc.....so yeah people seem much more confident with 5yrs ne_nau.gif
    In saying that i have had a passion for 5 years....but only seriously have been shooting for two (with pro gear etc).

Wall cloud is in Sydney Australia, we have had a very average storm season so far :(
  • TylwyddTylwydd Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Artisitc licence if i say 2 years i don't get anyone willing to take me on for weddings etc.....so yeah people seem much more confident with 5yrs ne_nau.gif

2 or 5 years... your pics are great ! Love the #3 with the dramatic clouds !
    Olympus fan :D : E520 ; ZD 50 mm ; ZD 14-54 mm ; ZD 50-200 mm SWD

http://tylwydd.smugmug.com/