New to forum...looking for some C&C pretty please

ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
edited January 9, 2009 in Landscapes
Hi everyone,
I am one of those "lurkers" that has been reading and admiring everyone elses posts, but have been hesitant to post my own.
Time to get the "feet wet". I took these shots yesterday as my daughter pointed out the moon during the late afternoon (she never misses the moon, she is fascinated by it)!
Don't know if I've done it any justice, but would love to get some of your honest feedback. I have done little to these other than a little saturating, so if there are ways to improve them, advice is most welcome!
Thanks! Karin

451704904_P7u8t-L.jpg

451535820_YJxdC-L.jpg

451535807_gdrVu-M.jpg
Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    Hi Karin and I'm glad to see you delurk! :D

I think the moon is lovely and kudos to your daughter to keeping an eye on it. I think the balance of light here is great - that's hard to catch and the contrast between a bright full moon and a dark night sky with foreground elements can be tricky.

The cyans are a bit heavy, and overall the color looks a bit warm for me. I think we get used to seeing the sky a bit "cooler" or maybe it's the yellow leaves in front. Nonethless, the moon never gets old (not literally) and these are great captures. I hope to see more from you!
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Hi Karin and I'm glad to see you delurk! :D

I think the moon is lovely and kudos to your daughter to keeping an eye on it. I think the balance of light here is great - that's hard to catch and the contrast between a bright full moon and a dark night sky with foreground elements can be tricky.

The cyans are a bit heavy, and overall the color looks a bit warm for me. I think we get used to seeing the sky a bit "cooler" or maybe it's the yellow leaves in front. Nonethless, the moon never gets old (not literally) and these are great captures. I hope to see more from you!

Thanks for your comments schmoo....I will play around with the color some more and see if I can't improve them.
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain