Options

Suggestions PLEASE

GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
edited January 10, 2009 in Finishing School
Hi everyone!!

One of my customers asked me to edit the attached picture. She would like me to remove everyone on the picture except the 2nd couple from left to right. So the final work would be dancing couple and the couple to the left of them.. hope I am explaining myself correctly.. Please can you share if this possible, if so please can you share the way you would go about doing this? I have CS4.

Thank you:D
GG

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    edited January 9, 2009
    Ask her if she is prepared to pay for an additional 6 hours of highly skilled labor, perhaps?mwink.gif

I am sure there are folks who can do that, but to do it well, undetectable will not be easy with the clone and patch tools.

I will watch suggestions with interest.

You could first crop the image's left margin to remove one couple, leaving only the single male figure to be cloned out. That is how I would start, the door way to the left is not critical to the image. To the right of the male figure is a female right behind the groom that will have to be dealt with also.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    In addition to a time-saving crop, you might think about altering the background to save some time. Essentially, I would take the grid wall pattern higher up the wall (above the wood beam), and copy it to the lower wall, "covering" the white table and covering the single man. You can probably manage to keep the angled wood beams as well to keep it consistant with other shots. Then you only need to clean up the white tablecloth between the couple's legs.
  • Options
    baldmountainbaldmountain Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    Another option is to select only the couple and the bride and groom and delete EVERYTHING else. If you have access reshoot the floor and wall with NO people in it and then drop the people you want to keep onto the new picture.
    geoff
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2009
    Another option is to select only the couple and the bride and groom and delete EVERYTHING else. If you have access reshoot the floor and wall with NO people in it and then drop the people you want to keep onto the new picture.

Hi!

whoa yea.. tons of time.. This wedding was two years ago and was done by another photographer. I am just cleaning up her pics a bit..

Ok, on to try these suggestions.. I will repost.. if I think I did a good job ;)

Thank you!
    GG
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited January 9, 2009

15524779-Ti.gif Anything else would be insanely time consuming and probably wouldn't look as good. I would even consider dropping them on top of an entirely different background, if possible.
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2009
    Made my decision
    Everyone, THANK YOU for your advise...This is what I came up with... best I could do.. No parents..
    Let me know what you think.. please let me now if I should add anything else to make it better.
    Pardon my grammar.. My editor is at work right now ;)

Thank you!!!
    GG
  • Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    GemGem wrote:
    Everyone, THANK YOU for your advise...This is what I came up with... best I could do.. No parents..
    Let me know what you think.. please let me now if I should add anything else to make it better.
    Pardon my grammar.. My editor is at work right now ;)

Thank you!!!
    GG
    I think (I believe) that "you and me" is the grammatically-proper way of stating that. I could be wrong though.
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2009
    RogersDA wrote:
    I think (I believe) that "you and me" is the grammatically-proper way of stating that. I could be wrong though.

RogersDA, just chcked out your featured gallery.. AWESOME WORK MAN! bowdown.gif
  • Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    RogersDA wrote:

According to old rules of grammar "I" is correct. In modern use you can go either way (in this instance at least) and be correct.

The only grammatical problem is the use of ... and .. all over the place. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2009
    Pupator wrote:
    According to old rules of grammar "I" is correct. In modern use you can go either way (in this instance at least) and be correct.

The only grammatical problem is the use of ... and .. all over the place. headscratch.gif

Laughing.gif.. I was not kidding when I said my editor was at work.

Ok, so besides the .... do you all think she will like this? I know is is FAR from what she wanted. I think this will be a great addition to her wedding album.

Thank you!
    GG
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2009
    GemGem wrote:
    RogersDA, just chcked out your featured gallery.. AWESOME WORK MAN! bowdown.gif
    Thanks for the props! Though I pale in comparison with all of the other greatness around here.
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2009
    Pupator wrote:

Coolness...:D
  • Options
    Rocketman766Rocketman766 Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    don't mean to jump in on someones thread, but I thought this might be a good thread to help me make a decision. Will PS Elements 6 (mac) do the type of corrections listed in this thread? I am trying to decide between PS Elements 6 and CS4...(student with a chance to get a great deal). I don't need the 3D tools in CS4 extended, but can't find another comparison of the two programs.ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2009
    don't mean to jump in on someones thread, but I thought this might be a good thread to help me make a decision. Will PS Elements 6 (mac) do the type of corrections listed in this thread? I am trying to decide between PS Elements 6 and CS4...(student with a chance to get a great deal). I don't need the 3D tools in CS4 extended, but can't find another comparison of the two programs.ne_nau.gif

Hi rocketman!

I own PSE 6.0 for mac. It is a pretty powerful program. PSE does have the clone stamp tool, quick selection tool, background eraser, etc.. which are the tools ( in my experience) mostly used for this type of edits. HOWEVER, I also own CS4, it has a pretty cool tool called the Patch tool, it is great!! LOVE IT.
    you can clone a huge part of an object and cover another way easier than erasing, etc.. of course it does not work on every situation, but it is pretty cool and PSE 6.0 for mac does not have it.

Another powerful tool is the Masking tool. It is just great. PSE 6.0 does not have it as easy as a click as in CS4, but you can still mask in PSE 6.0. I guess it depends on your budget. I got by great with PSE until I got the money to buy CS4.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Have fun making your decision Rocketman!
    GG
  • Options
    Rocketman766Rocketman766 Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    GemGem wrote:
    Hi rocketman!

I own PSE 6.0 for mac. It is a pretty powerful program. PSE does have the clone stamp tool, quick selection tool, background eraser, etc.. which are the tools ( in my experience) mostly used for this type of edits. HOWEVER, I also own CS4, it has a pretty cool tool called the Patch tool, it is great!! LOVE IT.
    you can clone a huge part of an object and cover another way easier than erasing, etc.. of course it does not work on every situation, but it is pretty cool and PSE 6.0 for mac does not have it.

Another powerful tool is the Masking tool. It is just great. PSE 6.0 does not have it as easy as a click as in CS4, but you can still mask in PSE 6.0. I guess it depends on your budget. I got by great with PSE until I got the money to buy CS4.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Have fun making your decision Rocketman!
    GG
    Yes, I think it did help, thank you. I am thinking I might be able to do the same since I am new to photos... I will still be a student for another year so I can always get CS4 later....