Options

Light box that gives reflection

Troy RaymondTroy Raymond Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
edited January 13, 2009 in Technique
I created a light box in hopes of having a reflection of the object in front for my own products. Test shots were done with my brothers RC truck (scale crawler). I faded white from the edges and thats about it. More test shots will be done since I forgot to set the ISO and it was on 800. Oops... I added their club logo because he was going to be posting them in a large forum with multiple clubs/regions. ;)

Backlit translucent white lexan, 1/4" thick.

451735115_y9PNX-M.jpg

451735064_xVApN-M.jpg

Comments or tips? I'm new to all of this.

Troy

Comments

• Options
    ZarathustraZarathustra Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited January 13, 2009
    Great shots! Using the Lexan is a good idea. The lighting is nice and uniform with no obviously blown highlights. All of my reflective light box stuff has been on black polished granite with a black background. I've found that it gives me the ability to show a better reflection of the object but I was looking for a reflection with a lot more oomph than you may need or want.
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2009
    Nice shots, but what for the reflection in the windshield.
    As an idea I would use a composite of two images while shooting with CP and having camera on a solid tripod/stand/clamp with RC. One image would give you a nice reflection on the lexan, another would kill the reflection in the toy truck windows. Combining them would be a child's play even in the most basic image editor (e.g. Paint)
    "May the f/stop be with you!"