Anticipation

CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
edited January 11, 2009 in People
At this year's Rose Parade I became more interested in the costumes and riders of the equestrian groups. Here's one of the sidesaddle riders.

447043901_GcWBv-XL.jpg

I played around with the sliders in LR and came up with this result. Any C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Cuong
"She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips

Comments

• CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    I'm considering this for DSS #16. Any opinion or comment?

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • PadgePadge Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Cuong wrote:
    I'm considering this for DSS #16. Any opinion or comment?

Cuong
    Crop or clone out that bit of greenery at the bottom.

Lovely crisp shot with the girl well exposed, unfortunately part of the dress looks to have blown.

If shot in raw that may be retrievable.
    “It takes a lot of imagination to be a good photographer. You need less imagination to be a painter, because you can invent things. But in photography everything is so ordinary; it takes a lot of looking before you learn to see the ordinary.”
    David Bailey

www.padge.smugmug.com
    edited January 10, 2009
    Padge wrote:
    Crop or clone out that bit of greenery at the bottom.

Lovely crisp shot with the girl well exposed, unfortunately part of the dress looks to have blown.

If shot in raw that may be retrievable.
    Thanks for the suggestion. The histogram doesn't show blown highlights, but I can burn the light part of the dress to show some more details.

Cuong
    edited January 10, 2009
    Cuong wrote:
    Thanks for the suggestion. The histogram doesn't show blown highlights, but I can burn the light part of the dress to show some more details.

Cuong
    It may just be my monitor, I'm viewing on a laptop so there may be detail there I am missing.
    “It takes a lot of imagination to be a good photographer. You need less imagination to be a painter, because you can invent things. But in photography everything is so ordinary; it takes a lot of looking before you learn to see the ordinary.”
    David Bailey

www.padge.smugmug.com
    edited January 11, 2009
    Just viewd the version you uploaded for the comp. Greenery gone and I can see that there is now more detail in the area of the dress that looked blown. Good one, best of luck.
    David Bailey

www.padge.smugmug.com
    edited January 11, 2009
    Padge wrote:
    Just viewd the version you uploaded for the comp. Greenery gone and I can see that there is now more detail in the area of the dress that looked blown. Good one, best of luck.
    Thanks.

Cuong