It's here!! First shots with my new...

BenjerBenjer Registered Users Posts: 275 Major grins
edited January 10, 2009 in Holy Macro
...Micro Nikkor 105mm VR !!!

:marlin The UPS guy got away before I could hug him, but not before delivering my new lens - whoopee! These are my first shots of the first thing I focused on, SOC. The silkscreened piano maker's logo is on a curved surface, so only the center is really in focus. Also I dialed down the exposure one-third stop to preserve the black.

Not terribly interesting subject, but these are my new baby's first words - I'm so proud! :click

451967551_Xbksb-L.jpg
0.4s f/8 ISO400

451967691_ejteS-L.jpg
1/4s f/8 ISO400

Looking forward to posting some "serious" macro shots here in Macro-land real soon! (Hint: experimenting with 3D!)

Oh, and FYI there's a cheapo ($10) UV filter on the lens at the moment - that is, until I can order a decent one (now that I'm broke again LOL). Not sure if or how much it might be degrading the image quality but I'd rather keep the element protected while I get used to the new glass, ya know?
Nikon D300, 17-35, 24-70, 70-200, 105 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Lensbaby, iPhone!

Comments

• mdphotographymiamimdphotographymiami Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 9, 2009
    Wow
    Wow, I need to get my self that lense!!
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Congrats on the lens - seems to let light through :)
    Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Benjer wrote:
    ...Micro Nikkor 105mm VR !!!

:marlin The UPS guy got away before I could hug him, but not before delivering my new lens - whoopee! These are my first shots of the first thing I focused on, SOC. The silkscreened piano maker's logo is on a curved surface, so only the center is really in focus. Also I dialed down the exposure one-third stop to preserve the black.

Not terribly interesting subject, but these are my new baby's first words - I'm so proud! 9496500-Ti.gif
    0.4s f/8 ISO400
    1/4s f/8 ISO400

Looking forward to posting some "serious" macro shots here in Macro-land real soon! (Hint: experimenting with 3D!)

Oh, and FYI there's a cheapo ($10) UV filter on the lens at the moment - that is, until I can order a decent one (now that I'm broke again Laughing.gif). Not sure if or how much it might be degrading the image quality but I'd rather keep the element protected while I get used to the new glass, ya know?

Congratulations Ben clap.gif :ivar hmmmmm who knows, maybe the USP guy could have done with a hug rolleyes1.gif ohhh well he'll never know :D

We're looking forward to you showing us your serious shots too.
    Have fun, happy Shooting thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • BenjerBenjer Registered Users Posts: 275 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Congrats on the lens - seems to let light through :)
    Brian V.

OMG - is THAT how it works??! eek7.gifLaughing.gif
  • BenjerBenjer Registered Users Posts: 275 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Skippy wrote:
    Congratulations Ben clap.gif :ivar hmmmmm who knows, maybe the USP guy could have done with a hug rolleyes1.gif ohhh well he'll never know

you're prolly right. ne_nau.gif But since I was already jumping up and down and drooling like Pavlov's dog at the sound of the (door)bell, I didn't want to scare him too bad. rolleyes1.gif
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited January 10, 2009