451990804_cpSok-L.jpg

451989699_rgooX-L.jpg

451989312_Zt7S7-L.jpg

451988950_FVYNE-L.jpg

451991000_GDKbV-L.jpg

Comments

• coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    Very nice! The last two are my favorites. This waterfall itself is hard to photograph, so I'm glad you went and caught the stream/bridges nearby which has some better compositions. I never get tired of the waterfalls along the columbia gorge scenic highway, Latourell Falls might be my favorite, but there are so many good ones....
  • AbiciriderbackAbiciriderback Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    Very nice series. like the compositions. Yep the PNW is definitely prime waterfall shooting territory

Ray Still
  • Shootin1stShootin1st Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    Like the colors and framing of the last three the best. Nice to see some green this time of year.
    Constructive Criticism Welcome!
    All photos are Copyrighted and Registered. Please don't use without permission.

5DSR 16-35 2.8L III 24-70 2.8L II 70-200 2.8L IS II
  • Allan FGAllan FG Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    I like the second one. I love the color of the moss on the trees, it is so hard to capture the color you see in real life when you are out there.
  • speedsk8rspeedsk8r Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    love the colors.ne_nau.gif
  • PhotopaddlerPhotopaddler Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Thank you all for the comments, the last two are also my favorites... I think.headscratch.gif I lived in Portland for about a year and found myself on a mission to shoot waterfalls. I spent nearly every weekend hiking in the Columbia River Gorge with my gear looking for new angles and waterfalls to shoot. I grew up and now live in Maine another great place for natural beauty but it was great to see some very different landcapes.
  • NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    The third and fourth ones are really nice. The fourth one is best overall IMO thumb.gif
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...
  • leaheleahe Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Great series. I really like the third one and the fourth one is a close second. I grew up in Oregon and it has been a long time since I have been to this waterfall.
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    The third and fourth ones are really nice. The fourth one is best overall IMO thumb.gif

Wonderful series!! I'll have to agree with articblooms, the 4th shot is my favorite.
  • PhotopaddlerPhotopaddler Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Thank you! #4 four is my favorite also. The color of the water in the pool by the rocks is what drew me to the shooting location for #3 also the same location for #4. While the pool is hiden by the rocks I was blown away by #4 when I got home.