Photobooth Fun

LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
edited January 11, 2009 in People
Taken as part of my daily photo project today, partly because heatherfeather's post made me so envious. :D

452059974_GkdY7-XL.jpg

Took forever to do, but I had fun doing it. Even learned a few things in the process, which is always a bonus. :nod

Thanks for stopping by! :thumb

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    Wonderful and just one more bit of support for my contention mwink.gif

Seriously, beautiful shots (love the B&W conversion) of a very attractive young lady!
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    Wonderful and just one more bit of support for my contention mwink.gif

Seriously, beautiful shots (love the B&W conversion) of a very attractive young lady!

Thank you, Scott. Flatterer. :D

You know what I think it is? Every woman is aware of "her good side" for photographs (whether consciously or no), but I think female photographers hone in on their good angles as well. We know how to use that camera in ways most advantageous to our features. mwink.gif
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    Oooh Mah Lah! (That is how my son says it!)

1. The real you- I bet we'd be friends IRL! Love it! You look sweet.
    2. Too fun! You look so cute and gangsta. Maybe not gangsta. My DH always says that I look so emo when I wear my beyond long braids. I just think you look darling!
    3. Out on the town... beautiful! I can just imagine your bright red lipstick.
    4. Watch out for the knives that you are sneaking out of your fan... Do you ever wear your eye makeup like that for real? I am not even half brave enough to do that.

So where is the gallery for your DPP?
    I took a couple of hours a week or so ago and went through Andi's SP project. It looked like a blast....And I decided I just couldn't do every day. So I decided to do the busy mom version- once a week. Much more doable for me. I am having fun with it.
    edited January 9, 2009
    OMG, you totally nailed what I was going for in each photo. eek7.gif These are actually four of my standard looks. I do wear a crazy smoky eye like that last one sometimes--my eyes are friggin' huge and can handle being shrunk by all that dark makeup. I always make sure to balance it with an almost-nude lip, though. :D

And you started a weekly project? Share, share! mwink.gif Mine's linked in my siggie, the Word of the Day project.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Ok, Ker, add you to the list of "gorgeous and supremely talented girl photographers" in here bowdown.gif

Geez. I either need to find better angles for my own shots, or consider myself the exception that proves the rule.... :D:D:D

These are SO much fun (actually, all of your SPs are fun - I love the ones I've seen!)

The filmstrip idea's very cute, too!

Oh, and you linking to your Photo a Day project over on Challenges inspired me to start my own - most of them are "studies" and/or just random stuff, but it's still really fun and continuing the learning process y'all have (gratitude gratitudebowdown.gifbow) pushed into high gear for me!!! thumb.gifthumb
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Great shots, I love the 3rd one down, it reminds me of Drew Barrymore!!
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Gorgeous. If I were you, I would only photograph myself. great job. Love the different looks. I'll have to try this if you guys don't mind my copying...
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Fabulous, Kerry! clap.gif

If anyone hasn't checked out Kerry's Word of the Day Photo Project, you are seriously missing out! Amazing collection of photos!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    These are beautiful. Man, I'm going to have to make another attempt at mine. I only managed to capture my serious, concentrating look.

Caroline
  • TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Wow, what an amazing daily gallery.bowdown.gif
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
    edited January 10, 2009
    Wow, y'all are making me seriously blush right now (and my entire face turns bright red when I blush, curse my Irish complexion). Thank you for all the wonderful comments about this image and my daily project. I'm a little speechless at the response, so I'll just say again: thank you. iloveyou.gif

My daily project is nearing its end (I began it on my birthday, which is all too near), and I haven't decided what I'm going to do. On one hand, it will be a relief to have it finished. On the other, I'm going to miss that extra motivation to shoot something, anything, as long as I shoot that day. Plus, I love the daily community. beer.gif

Ah well, we'll see what's in store after Jan. 27. :D

And Trevlan, by all means use the idea. I lay no claim to it. Andy Warhol got there way before me anyhow. mwink.gif
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    Thank you, Scott. Flatterer. :D

You know what I think it is? Every woman is aware of "her good side" for photographs (whether consciously or no), but I think female photographers hone in on their good angles as well. We know how to use that camera in ways most advantageous to our features. mwink.gif

Oh my! you gals are in for the biggest phase shift if ever you get to know any styles of males other than the WAS style (whatever the flavor of the practitioner).

I have to disabuse you of your fantasies by telling you a truth, that all men are not tucked in the tidy mirrorless corner you gals think you have left them in while you tend your own narcissism.

In my some-amount of global observations, I can assure you that more men than women are likely to have in mind putting their best side camerawards, whether or not an actual camera is confronting them.

Chill, gals, you don't own that territory. The best photographers of women have been men, historically. And do you know why? Because they have looked long and long in the mirror and know very well how to find the best side. thumb.gifDmwink.gifeek7.giflust
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
    edited January 10, 2009
    Oh, goodness, it was all in jest. rolleyes1.gif Of course everyone wants to look good in front of the camera, regardless of gender. We're just running with a gag. All in light-hearted fun. Chill right along with us. :cavig
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    Oh, goodness, it was all in jest. rolleyes1.gif Of course everyone wants to look good in front of the camera, regardless of gender. We're just running with a gag. All in light-hearted fun. Chill right along with us. :cavig

Many a true stereotype is said in jest. I just didn't want you gals to be getting too deep into a folie a plusieurs. mwink.gifeek7.giflust

Me, I'm as chill as ice... :D
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix