Money Shot...

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited January 10, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Well, what were you expecting? :rofl

Straight out of camera this evening. No hocus pocus!

And some say the 5DMkll can't focus fast. This was shot while I dropped it.

5DMkll - 17-40 f/4L - 580EXll

1) Want to see it closer? click here for a 100% view - That's not too bad resolution, especially since I shot these Medium jpg, Normal (stairs) compression setting
(Internet Explorer will display the original small, but give you a magnafying glass on your mouse. Click that on the pic to enlarge to 100%)

452126930_czgna-XL.jpg

2) Here is one of me just holding the bill. click here for a 100% view

452127114_4VYCD-XL.jpg
Randy

Comments

• Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Randy - stop STOP posting examples of the 5dMkII doing action shooting! My bank account cannot handle that!
    :D
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Randy - stop STOP posting examples of the 5dMkII doing action shooting! My bank account cannot handle that!
    :D

Ann,

That money is actually falling off my money tree. That's the only way I could afford this new camera rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    That shadow the bill is casting as it's falling sure is interesting??? mwink.gif
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
    edited January 10, 2009
    That shadow the bill is casting as it's falling sure is interesting??? mwink.gif

Do I detect a little skepticism?

I'll give you a clue to that: I did NOT have my flash in 2nd curtain sync.

You should be able to figure out why that's there with the above clue.
    Randy
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Do I detect a little skepticism?

I'll give you a clue to that: I did NOT have my flash in 2nd curtain sync.

You should be able to figure out why that's there with the above clue.

OK... makes sense now that you mention it. thumb.gif Slow shutter... interesting how the blur makes it look like the bill is cansting a drop shadow over the background. Makes it look like you've place the bill over an image of the background.

My Smug Site
    edited January 10, 2009
    OK... makes sense now that you mention it. thumb.gif Slow shutter... interesting how the blur makes it look like the bill is cansting a drop shadow over the background. Makes it look like you've place the bill over an image of the background.

Yep, I agree. That's the other reason I included the shot of me holding the bill. You can match up the tree limbs on both pics if interested. Also, I'm not nearly talented enough to make the sun star and the orange sun glowing through the bill, in post production.
    Randy
    edited January 10, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Yep, I agree. That's the other reason I included the shot of me holding the bill. You can match up the tree limbs on both pics if interested.

Oh... no need. I can totally see that it is a true photo now that you mention the non-rear curtain sync. Which by the way, is that called front-curtain sync? I cannot remember.

My Smug Site
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Hi Randy....I tried to capture a $20 dollar bill in the air today, but never got it to work. I don't know if it was me, the wind, or that D40X. Congratulations on getting such a fine camera.. Would you mind sharing that money tree???????:D
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    so that first shot is real without cloning or PP? Incredible! That is really neat!