When I was very young
I imagined everything to be a facade

It is not
Truth
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• ZarathustraZarathustra Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Great shot and well executed conversion! Beautiful! Reminds me of my childhood.
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    I live in the wrong part of the country. :cry

Absolutely beautiful. wfeller. thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • ZarathustraZarathustra Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    I live in the wrong part now. I was born and raised in Colorado before moving to Illinois. Damn do I miss the mountains! On the other hand, I met my fiancee out here so I think that it worked out in my favor after all!
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Great shot and well executed conversion! Beautiful! Reminds me of my childhood.

Thanks. Me too. This is the backside of part of the view I'd see from our window in our living room growing up. I lived in the valley on the otherside of the mountain on the left.
    Anybody can do it.
    edited January 10, 2009
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    I live in the wrong part of the country. :cry

Absolutely beautiful. wfeller. thumb.gif

Thank you. If I read your location correct, you're probably not far (as the crow flies) from this scene. The little mountains at the end of the canyon are just north of the Duarte/Arcadia/San Gabriel area (I believe).
    Anybody can do it.
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    wfeller wrote:
    Thank you. If I read your location correct, you're probably not far (as the crow flies) from this scene. The little mountains at the end of the canyon are just north of the Duarte/Arcadia/San Gabriel area (I believe).

Ah hah! So the haze back there is actually smog. (Well, actually it isn't smog: It's a light mist that comes up off the freeways.) I live in the San Gabriel Valley and work in Azusa, just below Azusa Canyon.

Is this a recent shot?
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
    edited January 10, 2009
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    Ah hah! So the haze back there is actually smog. (Well, actually it isn't smog: It's a light mist that comes up off the freeways.) I live in the San Gabriel Valley and work in Azusa, just below Azusa Canyon.

Is this a recent shot?

This is looking over the east fork of the San Gabriel River last Feb. I grew up over in Montclair. We had a massively awesome view of Mt Baldy from our living room. I'm thinking of going up Monday and shooting some long views. The close stuff is out. The snow has been mauled by billions and billions of footprints. I like to go through previous shots before I go back to a location. I hadn't edited this one before. I liked the lines. I think it was about as smog-free as it gets down there that day, but the sunset colors looked too brown. I like going with the conversions anyhow.
    Anybody can do it.