Options

Any ideas for a PS n00b?

ZarathustraZarathustra Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
edited January 10, 2009 in Finishing School
Hello DGrinners and thanks in advance,

So I've been trying to get an edgy look/feel from this pic and I'm not sure if I heavy handed the post or if I should have done something completely different.

449999549_vU6ma-L.jpg

I ran a High Pass at 4.0 and merged for Vivid Light, and another at 7.0 and merged at 20% visibility for saturation (I'm currently at the "Holy Cow I can use a High Pass!" stage of PhotoShop n00bery). Aside from bringing down the color temp a bit and cleaning up the background that was all I did. I'm not sure what else can or should be done with this one.

Here's the original for comparison:

452247123_F8GqR-L.jpg

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated and I happen to be in good with the folks that distribute karma (and catma) so I'll put in a good word for you!

Thanks in advance,
Zarathustra

Comments

• Options
    edgeworkedgework Registered Users Posts: 257 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Hello DGrinners and thanks in advance,

So I've been trying to get an edgy look/feel from this pic and I'm not sure if I heavy handed the post or if I should have done something completely different.

I ran a High Pass at 4.0 and merged for Vivid Light, and another at 7.0 and merged at 20% visibility for saturation (I'm currently at the "Holy Cow I can use a High Pass!" stage of PhotoShop n00bery). Aside from bringing down the color temp a bit and cleaning up the background that was all I did. I'm not sure what else can or should be done with this one.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated and I happen to be in good with the folks that distribute karma (and catma) so I'll put in a good word for you!

Thanks in advance,
    Zarathustra
    I like the dark feeling, but it's a bit flat. Here's a version that's definitely over the top; blasted the light on the either side but the face detail seems a bit more manic.

By the way; with high-pass, try using it in Linear Light mode at 50%, pixel setting anywhere from .9 to 3 or 4, depending on resolution and desired effect.

deadpanda.jpg
    There are two ways to slide through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both save us from thinking.
    —Korzybski