C&C Requested Please for DSS 16

TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
edited January 10, 2009 in People
Life in the world of Dgrin...well I would have to say that most of mine is revolved around musicians, I am always at live gig events.

Today was no exception, these photos were taken at the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk (Balloon Fest (and before you ask, no balloons, too windy??)), but the musicians played as scheduled.

So these photos are what I see during some events in my life. (A is my favorite....I think it just depicts "Happy and Carefree" from the look on his face to the children playing in the backgroud).

Thanks for looking and taking the time to C&C these, and nothing really has been done to these photos, except for crop and a touch of contrast. Donna

452171371_5odEK-M-2.jpg
A - FYI - Michelet Innocent, French Crooner and presently i n concert in Florida

452171198_DfrHt-M-2.jpg
B

452170776_b7pwP-M-3.jpg
C

452171811_FC9gn-M-2.jpg
D - Memories of being a kid...."Bully on the Block"

449999122_MWZRe-M.jpg
Member of the Blues Dragon
You're only as good as your next photo....
One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote

Comments

• PadgePadge Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    In the first one the way the musician is looking draws the eye out of the photograph, a shame he didn't face the other way to draw the eye into the photograph and toward the background. Also the music stand is a distraction I feel.

The second I would rotate slightly anti-clock and crop out everything to the right of the pillar, the space adds nothing to the photograph and a tighter crop would make it more intimate.

Number 3 looks a little washed out, a contrast boost maybe and a nudge down on the brightness.

Four, Well caught 'action' shot, a lot going on the threat, the cowering, the protective adult arms coming and the oblivious.

Last one is the one, good lighting, good pose, love all the angles. I would clone out the microphone that has speared his hat though it is a bit distracting.
    “It takes a lot of imagination to be a good photographer. You need less imagination to be a painter, because you can invent things. But in photography everything is so ordinary; it takes a lot of looking before you learn to see the ordinary.”
    David Bailey

www.padge.smugmug.com
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Thanks Padge, much appreciated. I'm laughing, cuz I didn't even notice the mic in the last one, I get rid of it later..Hmmm good title "Speared" (Kiddin"....but as stated, I did nothing to these photos pretty much as is.

Thanks again for taking the time. So what about this crop? I can play around with PPW later?

452171371_5odEK-M-3.jpg
    Happy & Carefree?
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • PadgePadge Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    The tighter crop does help. As with three it seems a little light, tone down the brightness a touch and boost the contrast a little maybe.
    “It takes a lot of imagination to be a good photographer. You need less imagination to be a painter, because you can invent things. But in photography everything is so ordinary; it takes a lot of looking before you learn to see the ordinary.”
    David Bailey

www.padge.smugmug.com
  • Shane422Shane422 Registered Users Posts: 460 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    I like the feel of the first one, but it is not as crisp as the last one. That one is awesome, minus the "Steve Martin" style mic stand through the head.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Hi Donna!!

Neat stuff. My favorite is D. Great pj shot. My next favorite is the last one. Heck, I like the mike through his head! Just joking. Good idea to clone it out. Still.... Maybe we should have a Steve Martin theme for one of the challenges. Or better yet, for one of the mini challenges. Post our best shots of stuff coming out of people's heads. But I digress.

The first one is very appealing and I Understand why you like it. His expression is wonderful. I agree that it is a little washed out (fixable) and that the placement of Mr. Innocent on the left hand side of the frame looking left is weaker than if he were on the right side looking left.

Good luck in the challenge, whichever one you enter!!

Virginia

Email
    edited January 10, 2009
    Thanks Everyone, your C&C is much appreciated.

Good luck to all of you also, hope the new year is bringing wonderful times for all.

Peace,
    Donna
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    D for me, too - I like the first one, but I actually find the kids in the background grab my eye before the main subject.

I love the "retro" looking mic in the last picture, too - I'll bet it would look great in a stylized black and white as well as in colour!
    edited January 10, 2009
    Wow, hadn't thought of it in B/W...Thanks D. Mum

Very Cool. I atually have that mic too.